Two

I finish working on the new project. It is an advertisement for a watchmaking company that handcrafts custom-made wristwatches. I read over all the files and after making sure nothing incorrect has been put into the file, I close the program and open April's presentation.

I haven't really had time to work on it all week because I was constantly doing something else, but the presentation has to be sent by the end of next week at the latest, so I try not to stress about it too much. The weekend is in between, I can work on it in the comfort of my bed.

Mr. Jeon has not been too mean to me by flooding me with papers and phone calls. On the contrary, I don't understand why Tiffany has always complained that she doesn't have a free minute to take a breath.

The biggest thing I had to do for Mr. Jeon was to adjust his schedule to his wishes since some things had to be moved, but also some events were added. The woman at Vogue was grumbling about rescheduling the photoshoot and that was the one that cost me half an hour on the phone.

Other than that, I was able to continue working on my usual tasks like I always do. I wasn't called into his office either, if he needed something he simply called on the phone. In the evenings just before I got off work, he just wanted to see the reports I had to write for him, but they weren't a big deal. Just two pages in Microsoft Word.

I don't know how long this will go on. I keep seeing young women come in for an interview, stay for half an hour, and then leave. I haven't seen any of them come back yet, which means they aren't qualified enough or Mr. Jeon is just too picky.

I don't complain about the things I have to do for him, but I hope he finds a new secretary as soon as possible, so she can fully concentrate on his requests.

The sound of an incoming email catches my attention and I find an email from a company we occasionally work with. There is a file attached with a request that it be signed, scanned back in, and mailed back.

I don't usually get the emails. Mr. Jeon said that he takes care of them while I just handle the phone calls for him. I forward the file to one of our printers and then get up from my seat.

After I print out the necessary papers, I put them in a folder because I know how finicky Mr. Jeon is and how clean he likes his things. Running to his office, I knock on his door and hear his gentle voice on the other side of the wood, telling me that I can come in.

I still haven't gotten used to entering this room, simply because I was always curious about what it looked like from the inside before. Now that I know, my fingers itch to examine every corner and piece of furniture, but I don't want to be intrusive.

Mr. Jeon is sitting in his leather chair, as usual, his back straight and his hands working on his laptop. When I step into the room and close the door behind me, he looks up for a brief moment, then turns back to his laptop screen. It's nothing new; he's been like this for the past four days.

"Mr. Jeon, I have a file here for you to sign." I point to the folder in my hand and he calls me over to his desk. I hand him the folder and walk back a few steps to my previous spot.

He reads over the papers while I silently wait. His eyes roam over the page and with each passing second, his eyebrows come closer and closer until they return to their calm position. His eyes find me.

"It's a scam," he says.

"What?" I gasp, my eyes widening. "But how is that possible?"