Forty-Four

I'm sitting on the sofa right now, watching a true crime series on Jungkook's gigantic TV. I don't know where he is, but he's probably upstairs in his office doing some work-related stuff.

Bam is sleeping outside in his dog house after practically collapsing there from fatigue. He and I played all morning while Jungkook watched the two of us as I repeatedly threw him a frisbee.

I have to admit that even I got a little tired after that, although I didn't do much more than throw the disc in different directions and laugh whenever Bam couldn't catch the frisbee and made funny faces.

We had lunch after that, which we ordered today, and now I'm sitting here listening to how a bloodthirsty killer broke into various houses and how the police tried to catch him with the evidence they gathered.

Sometimes it makes me feel paranoid, but that only happens when I watch these documentaries alone at night and pull the covers over my head afterward. When I'm staying at Jungkook's house, I have him next to me and besides, he has multiple security measures - and Bam. He may look cute, but he's still a guard dog in nature.

I devour a donut and my chewing slows down whenever I'm stunned and shocked at what happened in Los Angeles almost three decades ago. But it's interesting how everything is unfolding right now and I'm absorbed in what's playing on the flat screen.

"What are you watching?" a voice chimes in behind me and it makes me jump, almost causing my donut to fall out of my hand. My precious donut.

I turn around, spotting Jungkook approaching. "Don't scare me when I watch things like this. I almost peed my pants!" I scold, pouting, and he smiles.

"I called out your name, but you didn't hear me," he adds as he drops down next to me on the sofa. "Another true crime?"

"Mhmm." I nod with my mouth full after taking a big bite of my donut. "It's called 'Night Stalker.' About a man in the '80s who broke into several houses and brutally murdered people."

Jungkook expresses bewilderment, but he doesn't comment further on the details. "It still blows my mind that you can watch shows like this like it's a sitcom."

His head shake makes me laugh and I turn back to the TV. We watch it in silence until the episode ends. It's the second to last episode in the mini-documentary so I click on the last episode next.

I offer Jungkook a bite of my donut and he takes a bite where I took the last one, even though I held out a part for him where I didn't take a bite. It always makes me smile to see Jungkook eat because his cheeks always look so squishy compared to the rest of his masculine body consisting of pure muscle.

I'm glad he's healthy and not strictly dieting as he did in the beginning. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being on a diet as long as it still keeps you happy. But Jungkook forbade himself to eat some things that many would consider food for the soul.

He works out like a beast plus he has a fast metabolism so I don't think a bite of donut - or five for that matter - would make him gain weight anyway. I'm not forcing him or anything, I want him to be happy and healthy.

After I finish my donut, I cuddle up to his side. His tattooed arm comes around my waist and he pulls me closer. I link our fingers and compare our hand sizes. The documentary on TV is long forgotten because I find it so much more interesting to look at his hands.

They are veiny and strong, but they are equally soft and tender. When he touches me with them, they leave a tingle that extends all over my body. I want to hold them forever. And then I start to giggle.