Thirty-Two

We're in a meeting right now, discussing our strategies and division of labor. Lizzie, our creative director, explains the process to us and we listen attentively. One by one, we as copywriters then have to present our notes, starting with Dominic.

Just as Megan is about to begin speaking after Dominic, the door to the conference room opens and Mr. Jeon enters. Or should I say Jungkook? Although two weeks have already passed since he told me to call him by his first name, it's hard for me because I'm used to it.

I keep getting paranoid, thinking someone might read my mind and know that there is going on more between him and I than just a simple employee-employer relationship. Although we haven't really talked about it yet, I know it clicks because otherwise, he wouldn't do the things he does.

I had a very nice time when I was at his house for dinner. We cooked and ate together, which made me giggle because he liked the casserole so much that he ended up eating two servings.

I stayed until late at night, we talked a lot and drank wine while doing it. He offered to drive me home, but I didn't want him to drive, even though he was nowhere near too drunk. But better be safe than sorry.

When his lips touched mine as the Uber waited for me in front of his house, something flashed in his eyes and I actually had a hard time leaving because I haven't had such a good time in a long time.

Since then, we share fleeting glances in the company. Sometimes I catch him staring and other times he catches me. It's subtle, nothing too noticeable, but it's still there and it always creates a shy smile on my face.

I hope we can spend time outside of work soon because he's been busy as hell, which I can understand. The coffee breaks we take, even if it's only five minutes, don't seem to be enough for me.

Things are slow, but they're going somewhere. Wherever that is.

After he enters the conference room, Megan stops what she is about to say, making everyone look at him. He clears his throat and walks to the end of the long conference table before gesturing for Megan to continue.

"I'm here to announce something at the end since the whole creative team is already here," he says, settling into a chair. "Don't feel interrupted."

Then, as Megan continues, his eyes and mine meet. I offer him a smile and he returns it with a soft look. I turn back to Megan's presentation and one by one everyone in the room finishes speaking until it's just me left.

I stand up, walk to the front and begin what I have prepared. Although I can feel everyone's eyes on me, one particular set is so much more intense and distracting. I have to concentrate to actually not lose my focus.

After I finish, Jungkook stands up and walks to the front too. He's only wearing a white shirt with a tie, no jacket, and I almost start to levitate. I've always acknowledged that he's handsome, but after my feelings for him grew stronger, I can't take my eyes off of him anymore.

"The announcement is about a new position in the creative team that Mr. Park and I decided to introduce recently. The creative is growing bigger every year, which is why it's becoming difficult for Ms. Lee to coordinate things as the only director." he begins and Lizzie agrees with a nod of her head.

Lizzie is a good worker and takes responsibility where she can. Sometimes some tasks outpace her and she ends up asking me or someone else to help or take over a task, so I'm happy that she'll have reinforcements.