Thirty-Three

Setting my bag down on my desk, I start yet another day. It's Thursday, which means there's only work tomorrow and then it's the weekend. Which in turn means Jungkook and I are free to do something together.

After he got back from his two-day trip last week, he had to fly out the next day. We didn't have time to really meet because he had to leave for New York for a photoshoot and several interviews.

And let me tell you those six days felt like an eternity. He had just come back and then was gone again, which made me only see him for a few hours at the company because he had some paperwork to do.

He called me twice when he was in New York and yet the phone calls were not the same as having him next to me, feeling his warmth or breathing in his scent. And I just realize that I'm talking like he and I are in a relationship that has been going on for years.

Yet we haven't even talked about what's between us. Not that I'm complaining or in a hurry to find out. I like it the way it goes, but I still notice how much I get used to his presence with each passing day.

The way he makes me blush with his words and my heart beat faster is beyond anything. Even though he doesn't talk much because that's kind of my job it seems, he still always finds the right words.

Even when he came back yesterday a smile lifted on my lips when I saw his name written on my phone. He called me to say that he is back and that he can't wait to see me.

But I heard in his voice how tired and soft he spoke, showing me that he was fighting his sleep to talk to me, which is why we decided to hang up. So today I will see him again after six days.

"Good morning, Lizzie." I greet her as I walk past her.

"Good morning," she mumbles, not looking up from her computer and looking all stressed out. Poor girl always has so much to do, it's understandable.

I walk further down the hallway that leads to the kitchen to make myself a coffee. Reaching for a cup, I place it under the coffee maker and consider which type to drink today.

I decide on a simple espresso and listen to the machine as it steams and pours the dark liquid into the cup. I think about what tasks I have for today, so I get lost in my thoughts and don't notice how someone also enters the kitchen.

That is until a light hand settles on my lower back and I jump because of the surprise. Turning around, I'm met by Jungkook's gentle eyes as he looks down at me.

"Scaring me has kind of become a habit of yours." I tease as I get my breath back.

I watch the corners of his mouth twitch. "Sorry." he apologizes.

I smile. "It's okay." I turn to face him completely, my back pressed against the counter behind me as his hand now slides to my waist before disappearing completely and resting next to his body. I want to take it back and put it where it was until a few seconds ago.

"How are you?" he asks, watching every inch of my face. I notice how he lingers on my lips a few seconds longer before looking back into my eyes.

I love the way he asks questions and then feels awkward and weird afterward because he probably thinks it was a stupid question. I disagree.

"I'm fine," I tell him. "How are you? You look tired."

I don't miss the darker-than-usual bags under his eyes, and I feel bad. He sighs. "Repeatedly flying into different time zones over the past few weeks has thrown off my sleep schedule, but it's not a problem. It's part of my job."