Seventeen

It's the last day of the shoot for the Moulin advertisement. We are outside right now filming the final scenes. I'm not usually on the set of a shoot because I have nothing to do around here, but Mr. Park wanted everything to be completed as the concept originally was.

And since I'm the person who came up with the idea and scenario, I was supposed to give my approval to the director to finish filming. The last few weeks have been a bit stressful because we haven't really had much time to finish the advertising for Moulin.

With other continuing work, things have been piling up and with the upcoming launch party of the collection, Camille Moulin wanted us to work extra hard and diligently. After I presented my idea to her in the meeting and she accepted it, I was happy.

She was actually quite decent to me after that. Neither too friendly, but also not as rude as in the meeting. I can understand why she reacted the way she did because when there's a deadline by which you have to deliver something, anyone can be irritated and I don't blame her for that.

I sat for days and hours on the copywriting, trying to make the scenario as detailed and error-free as possible for the team. Lizzie approved it and when Mr. Park read over it, he did too. So I think I did a good job.

Actually, he should be here soon to look at the final shoot. And now that everything is already set up and the models are dressed, some of the photoshoots will be done as well. The weather is phenomenal today, not too cold, although we don't really have winter here. Sometimes it gets chilly, but it's been a long time since I've seen snow.

I've only been able to view a few short scenes from the past shoots, because like everyone else, I'll be seeing all the advertising once the collection is out. But from the things I have seen, I can tell it will be a successful project.

Ms. Moulin's request that all the advertising looks like a movie was nailed perfectly. Right now, a photographer is snapping pictures of the couple that also stars in the commercial, sitting in the convertible and showing off the outfits.

The pictures are more aesthetically pleasing than I could have imagined, and they use black and white as well as color shots, just like in the ad.

I told my mom about the dresses and she was excited about them. I often tell her about my ideas for our clients and she is always proud of me and even with this work, she was happy that I took inspiration from her teenage years. She even cried a little.

Pushing those thoughts away because I don't want to cry while working now because I'm thinking about my parents again, I walk over to where the director is looking at the filmed scenes. I think he's a little annoyed with me because he flinches when he sees me standing behind him. Maybe I shouldn't have walked up to him so quietly.

Anyway, he shows me two different scenes, one executed according to my idea and one where he put in his own initiative and asks which one fits the concept better. I politely tell him that in my opinion, my idea fits better. But not because it's my idea, but because the scenes seem to have a smoother transition.

It's the first time I've been involved so much in commercial work and honestly, I find it exciting. It makes me want to be a film director so I can film dramatic and passionate scenes, but we all have that thought sometimes.

The couple whose photos are being shots get out of the convertible and after a quick change of clothes they get ready for the next photos. At this point, I could actually go back to the company because everything I had to do is now done. But I don't want to leave before Mr. Park arrives.