Forty-Two

I make my way up the stairs after chilling in the living room long enough. Jungkook said he would be in his gym finishing up a workout while I should get comfortable.

It's Sunday so it's a quiet and not very busy day, which is exactly why I got bored. I've been watching the new episodes of my show on his Netflix account and haven't found anything to entertain me after that.

Sometimes I feel like my attention span is very limited and it often turns out to be proven. Forgetting that Jungkook's house has a damn elevator, I take the last step up and can already feel my legs buckling under my weight. I feel like a grandma.

Strolling down the hallway, I sip at the water bottle I'm holding. I hope Jungkook doesn't think I'm interrupting his workout or something. I open the door and the mouthful of water immediately gets stuck in my throat.

I cough and this causes Jungkook to look from his corner to the door. His movement halts and he stares at me to make sure I'm not choking on my own saliva. I give him a thumbs up and he nods before continuing.

He's hanging from a bar right now, pulling himself up again and again with his strong arms. Puffs of air leave his parted lips whenever he exhales because the exercise is strenuous and takes a lot of strength.

He crosses his feet at the ankles, his naked torso glistening from the sweat and hot. With each pull he brings his body up and his chin over the bar, his back muscles and biceps flex.

My legs have just divorced.

Coughing again, I try to stop salivating over my own boyfriend, but it's hard. I close the door behind me so the air conditioner in this room won't run for nothing. Maybe I should set the thermostat even colder so I don't melt away in this wave of heat.

I mean, I've seen Jungkook bare-chested countless times, even completely naked a few times, but the sight always makes me stutter and react like a weirdo. But how could I not? Anyone who sees Jungkook like this would definitely relate to my reaction.

I continue to gulp down my water while grunts and groans fill my ears. I sit down on a bench in the other corner and let my eyes roam over each piece of equipment (but more often over him).

Jungkook then jumps down from the bar, his forehead sweaty, which he dabs with a towel. He picks up his water bottle from the floor and gulps half of it down within seconds. I watch his working neck.

"Sorry it took me longer today," he says, still breathing heavily as he turns to me. "Did you get bored?"

He doesn't have to apologize for taking time for himself. After all, we're two individuals who have different interests and aren't tied to each other. But he's still cute for thinking of me anyway.

"Don't apologize, I know how important your workouts are to you." I smile and test a dumbbell so heavy it almost falls on my foot when I pick it up. "I thought I might do a little yoga here while you work out. If that's okay with you."

"Of course." he nods.

I smile again and walk over to the wall where he keeps all his equipment. He got a yoga mat for me the other day so I can do it here whenever I stay over and I really appreciate that.

I've always thought about starting weight training as well because I know how much it can shape the body. It's not that I'm uncomfortable in my skin or not happy with my body, but I definitely need more strength in my arms.