Twenty-Seven

Jungkook

The traffic is horrendous today and it takes me more than one hour for what would normally be a half-hour drive. There is some kind of accident holding up traffic and since the people in the car need to gawk at what happened, it takes extra time.

I huff under my breath and honk at the car in front of me, which results in him finally moving. Things like this can happen all the time and it's not something you can predict, but annoying nonetheless.

I've already called Kiyara and asked her to reschedule my meeting for noon because there's no way I'm going to get to the company on time. It's no big deal, I guess.

I drive carefully and slowly past the scene of the accident and the situation of the two cars that crashed into each other is something you can't look away from. An SUV has smashed into the driver's side of a smaller blue car and both look junkyard-worthy.

There is also an ambulance and I see a woman with a gash on her head getting treated by a nurse. I don't spot any children and at least that's a good sign. And that kind of makes me think of the Carlsons.

I've never been involved in an accident and I can't imagine how devastating the feeling of that must be. I feel sympathy for Mr. Carlson because it must have been very difficult for him to witness his wife in such a situation.

How did Mikayla feel? Was she at the scene of the accident?

I push all those thoughts aside and the highway becomes smoother after the accident site. It doesn't take me long to arrive at the company and twenty minutes or so later I'm taking the elevator up to my office as I do every morning.

There is a small crew consisting of five people setting up high bar tables and I wonder what is going on. I don't remember us ordering anything or anything being planned.

I walk past it and head toward Jimin's office first. My knuckles make contact with his door and his voice sounds from the other side. He is sitting at his desk signing some papers before looking up.

"Has it become a habit now that you're later than me?" he asks teasingly, and since I'm already annoyed that I'm indeed late in the first place, it makes me roll my eyes.

"There was an accident nearby," I explain, even though I know he's going to tease me regardless. "What about all those tables out there? Did I miss something?"

"Oh, those." Jimin pushes off with his hands on the table and swivels around fully in his chair. "If you'd check your phone, I'd appreciate it, because then I wouldn't have to be the one talking to Camille."

"Camille?" I raise an eyebrow. "What does it have to do with her?"

"She asked me if it would be okay if she came over with some of her crew to celebrate the success of Moulin's spring collection here because we did the advertising for it," he explains. "And I said yes."

"Well, okay." I shrug. "Our creative team deserves the credit."

He nods in agreement. "She said it's only going to be a short celebration so nothing crazy. Will probably only last an hour."

"Okay, I'll be in my office," I say, getting ready to leave, but Jimin stops me.

"Nope." he pops the p. "You'll be there too. You're CEO."

I sigh. "I have a lot to do, Jimin. I don't have time to party."

"Too late. I had your meeting canceled, so you have nothing to do." he smiles, but it's more like a smirk because it looks gleeful.