Thirty-Six

Mikayla

My eyes flutter open, blinded by the brightness streaming through the window. I blink away the sleepiness and confusion before adjusting to my surroundings. Looking around me, I am greeted with a darkly furnished room.

Jungkook's bedroom.

I lift my head from the pillow and try to remember everything my mind is having trouble recalling right now. Last night's stress is still weighing heavily in the pit of my stomach as I sit up straight.

I am on the right side of his abnormally large bed and the soft sheets feel like clouds on my skin. I could fall right back to sleep because it's indescribably cozy and warm, but after seeing the time on my phone, which is on the nightstand, I decide against it.

I smile to myself realizing that my phone has been plugged in, but the realization that I've been asleep for over twelve hours quickly wipes it away. How ridiculous of me to be knocked out for so long and yet feel so tired.

Letting my gaze fly over his furniture, I see so much resemblance in the person that Jungkook is and how his house is decorated. I'm not trying to say that Jungkook is a dark person, but the ambiance is embracing yet so mysterious.

Every piece of furniture sits in its place as if he arranged it with full care and geometry. I can smell his scent on the sheets and all around the room and I can't help but feel like this place is where I belong.

I can imagine this is the most vulnerable he has allowed himself to be. I just know that this room is not one that has many visitors and yet yesterday he didn't hesitate for a moment to lead me here by my hand.

There are no pictures hanging on the walls or plants to bring in color. But the picture frame holding a picture of Jungkook with Jimin and Bam on the nightstand warms me from the inside out. I don't want to be intrusive, but I want to see more of him, know more of him that he hides from everyone.

I throw my legs over the edge of the bed and my feet come into contact with the dark hardwood floor. I realize I'm only wearing his t-shirt and nothing but a pair of boxers underneath, which makes me suspect I must have knocked the sweatpants off of me in the middle of the night. This is something that happens to me when I get too warm while sleeping.

I find the sweatpants caught somewhere in the covers, but decide against throwing them on as the sound of running water nearby hits my ears. There is an entrance into a darker part of the bedroom, but the sounds are coming from the bathroom where I showered yesterday.

Getting to my feet, I head in that direction. The door is wide open, but I can't see much of the room except for the laundry basket pressed against a wall. I don't know if it's appropriate for me to peek inside, but Jungkook wouldn't have left the door open if he wanted privacy. Right?

I stop at the door and knock, but the running water doesn't let him hear it. I realize it's not the water noise coming from the shower, but from the sink, and I sigh in relief because the last thing I want to do is create a weird moment.

I could wait for him to come out of the bathroom, but for a reason, I feel the need to see him as soon as I can. There's a lot we need to talk about, but all that's on my mind is feeling his warmth and getting the reassurance of looking into his eyes.

I still can't believe what happened yesterday and it feels like a dream. In my short life of twenty-seven years, I have never had to face such a situation and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared.