Four

Jungkook

My fingers tap quickly on the keyboard as I type the email for a client. I still have so much to do even though I've been in the building since six in the morning, but it's nothing new because every day is the same for me.

I like to be the first to enter the building because it is quiet and no one is there except the cleaning crew. I can run into my office undisturbed and get some things done for two hours until everyone gets here.

I send off the email and open the next one. Requests upon requests arrive every day. Some we turn down because they don't add any profit at all with the proposals they bring to the table and some just don't fit into our concept.

Jimin and I are very selective about choosing clients. In the beginning, we didn't have the luxury to do that and it often happened that we were taken advantage of for deals that only benefited the client.

We didn't have a good start in the business with hardly any investors and sponsors and Jimin and I had a hard time. But now everything is going very well - more than well - and I couldn't be more satisfied. We still work with the same ambition, focus, and diligence. When it comes down to work, I'm very serious.

I check my inbox and find two hundred and thirty-two new emails there. I wonder why so many new requests are flooding my inbox all of a sudden today. It is almost impossible for me to keep up with them. I can't even type as fast as new emails arrive. Plus, I have a bunch of paperwork that I still need to sign.

But I've never complained about it before. I wanted everything that Jimin and I built, and so I don't ask any more internal questions and keep typing. But I don't get far because there's a knock on my door and before I can call the person in, Jimin is already wandering in.

I look from him back at my laptop after offering him a nod and continue with my work. In the corner of my eye, I can see that he is carrying something in his hand and when he drops onto the chair in front of my work desk, he tosses it to me.

The magazine slides over the surface and towards me. I give it a glance, but not interested any further I look up at Jimin who is staring at me.

"You look good on the cover." He teases with a smile and puts his feet up on the small coffee table in front of the chair. "And in the other pictures, too."

"Thanks," I say, continuing to type on my laptop.

Jimin is the only one with whom I have casual conversations. Even though most of my responses are always blunt and just a few words, he never minds. I appreciate that and I'm glad he understands.

He has never walked away from me and no matter how difficult I can be at times, he has been patient, which has allowed us to take our business so far to the top and keep our friendship in the process.

"Aren't you going to look at the rest of the pictures? Or read the interview?" he asks.

"I was the one who took the pictures and gave the interview. There's no need," I say. He crosses his ankles on the table and I glare at his feet. "Can you please put your feet down?"

"As you wish, Your Highness." he jokes before getting up and walking around the table to stand next to me. "Come on. You have to at least take a look. Not everyone has the opportunity to be in that magazine."

"That's why I don't understand why I'm even in it," I mutter under my breath as I take the magazine off the table and set it in front of me. I stare at the picture and the words. Hot, young, rich, successful I read.