Twelve

I sigh and stretch my body while my eyes are still closed. It's so soft and even though I hear the birds chirping outside, I don't want to get out of bed. I love staying in the comfort of my sheets for another half hour in the morning because it gives me energy for the day.

I turn to my other side and I know for sure that the pillow under my head has left a mark on my face from how well I slept through the night.

Very slowly I open my eyes and let the brightness of the morning pull me from my sleep. I blink away the blurriness and that's when my eyes almost fall out of their sockets.

This doesn't look like my room. And my bed definitely wasn't this big. And I didn't have a person in my room dressed in all black with broad shoulders and a strong back standing in front of my window.

I fall out of bed with a thud.

"No big deal. I'm fine." I say in panic and try to get out of the tangled blanket, but I fail to see an escape. I kick my legs and then come into view with Mr. Jeon hovering over me, a worried look in his eyes as he stares down at me.

I stand up quickly, probably too quickly, making me dizzy again for a few seconds. Mr. Jeon stretches out his arms, ready to catch me, but I regain my balance and laugh comically.

I brush my hair out of my face. "I just blacked out for a second. Don't worry."

Mr. Jeon clears his throat. "You should get checked for iron deficiency."

"Yeah, maybe I should," I shrug.

And then we stare at each other. Until I realize what situation we're actually in, and then my eyes widen. I don't remember going back to my room last night and that explains why I'm here right now.

The last thing I remember is that Mr. Jeon went to the lobby to check on the desk clerk for me so I could get into my room because I forgot my key card in there. And then I probably fell asleep while I was waiting.

I cringe internally and heat runs into my cheeks. Why do I always fall asleep in his presence? This isn't the first time, but I swear it will be the last. And the way he's looking at me right now only makes me think I look like a mess. Probably with dried drool on the side of my mouth.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Jeon. I must have fallen asleep." I try to explain. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I tried," he says, looking away for a brief moment. "You were already in a deep sleep."

"God, this is so embarrassing," I mutter, more to myself actually, but he seems to have heard it too. He presses his lips into a straight line and looks around the room.

I tie the robe I still have on tighter in the front and pick up the comforter from the floor. I don't know how I tucked myself in while I slept, but I make his bed, making sure I do it nicely, though his eyes on me make me nervous.

I look up at him, the height difference forcing my head back. "Sorry again for the inconvenience." I shake my head. "I literally kicked you out of your bed. Where did you sleep?"

I wait for an answer but after a few seconds he just holds out a card to me. It looks like my key card and I wonder where he got it. Taking it from his hand, I look back up at him and notice that his hair is out of his face today. Not as neat as it usually is in the office but not as fluffy as it was yesterday either.

He's wearing a black turtleneck sweater and his eyes look tired. I feel bad but quietly thank him for the card.

"I asked the desk clerk if he could open the door to your room for me. I hope that was okay," he says.