Forty-Five

Jungkook

It's yet another weekend, and time is flying by in a blurr. I have always made good use of my time because time is the only thing that never comes back. But time for me was only part of my work, because what's the saying? Time is money.

Time may be money, but it is so much more than that. Time can be your enemy, but it can also be your closest friend. I realized this a little too late maybe, but now I know how to and need to value the minutes, hours, days even weeks properly.

Spending time outside of work always seemed like a waste and other than spending it with Bam or in my gym it had no function for me. Now I want the minutes to slow down, sometimes even come to a stop.

I know that every second that passes, I can only remember as a memory in my mind, think back on it and consider it was well spent. And this is possible only thanks to one person: Mikayla.

Being with her shows me every time how precious the ticking clock is and how close it breathes down my neck. I may have done everything the past few years, spent sleepless nights to bring the company to its current state, but it's just that.

I'm not saying I regret slaving away for the empire Jimin and I built with our nails, but I realize how poorly I managed everything else during that time. I might have gone through less if I had learned that earlier.

Nonetheless, there's no need to get upset about the past and wish for things that will never happen anyway. I am glad that I now know how to appreciate and enjoy everything to the fullest and for that I am grateful.

Every day I spend with Mikayla shows me new things in life. My fears and worries decrease and I forget all the obstacles that lurk in my path when I see her smile or hear her laugh. I am more motivated to go to work because I no longer see it as a necessity or something I am forced to do.

Now I go because I know there are people in the company who are there to provide for their families, some are there because they love what they do. If you hate what you practice you will never be happy.

It's a vicious cycle because while you wish the days would go faster so that the weekend would come again only to start all over again on Monday, you will regret all the years when you get old that you spent your precious time doing something you didn't want to do in the first place.

I'm not saying that it's always easy and that everyone is lucky to pursue the job they love because the world is a cruel place and sometimes you're forced to do even the scummiest job so you can have a little something to run down your throat.

Unfortunately, not everyone is born into a family or a place where everything is like looking through rose-colored glasses. I've seen rich people, people I had to sit at the same table with, who didn't understand how you can't have money because all you have to do is work hard.

Yeah, these were mostly the same ones who lived off daddy's money, who knew nothing but showing their face at some party and then signing papers for half an hour the next day in their million-dollar company, while others worked hard for not even a fraction of such a fancy life.

It's unfair, but it's the truth.

I'm not saying I'm much better than those people, but at least I built everything that falls under Jeon&Park with my own hands. With no help, no support except Jimin's. I still know how to spend my money even when my expenses reach high numbers. And I never brag about it.