Fourteen

Getting out of work early on Friday didn't really do me any favors, because as soon as I logged into my laptop, I got a load of new emails. And I arrived at work later than usual, leaving me even less time.

When I woke up this morning, I decided not to go to the gym because I wanted to finish Friday's work, which means I have the option of going tonight. The weekend at the spa resort helped my body recover and now I can go to the gym without getting sore.

I finish typing up an email and send it off before opening the next one. I also have a bunch of papers that Kiyara brought me earlier for me to sign. She's doing a good job so far, even though she's a slow learner.

She was better than all the other applicants because I could clearly see in her eyes that she was sincerely applying to work and for nothing else. I don't like it when I have a new secretary and all she does is flirt with me unobtrusively.

Most people think I wouldn't notice because I don't show any reaction, but I'm neither stupid nor blind. And once they get fired everyone wonders why and I'm the bad guy. But it's okay because it's nobody's business.

The reason I fired Tiffany Crawford, the secretary before Kiyara Blue, is that she was using my personal phone number for things outside of work. Not everybody gets my phone number and I trust the people I give it to. So she violated my trust, therefore she no longer had the right to work for me.

I close my laptop and set it aside so I can move on to the papers next. I sign a few of them after reading them thoroughly and checking for errors until then my door is suddenly yanked open.

In comes Camille with Kiyara jogging right behind her. Her purse is hanging on her arm and she is wearing a big smile as her salon-made blonde hair swings from side to side. I get up from my chair as she walks over to me in her high heels like it's a catwalk.

I mean, she's a model so that makes sense.

"Camille?" I half-ask and half-greet. She comes to a stop in front of me and her strong perfume fills my nostrils. At least it's not the same as when we were together.

"Hi, Jungkook." She greets enthusiastically, planting a kiss on each of my cheeks. I clear my throat and then pull back from her greeting.

"Mr. Jeon, I am so sorry. I told her she couldn't just walk in, but she didn't listen." Kiyara says from behind Camille. I can see her fiddling with her hands with apologetic eyes.

"It's not your fault," I reassure calmly and she half-smiles at me.

"Do you want me to get security?" she then asks cautiously, looking between me and Camille.

"Excuse me?" Camille interjects, sounding quite offended. "Do you even know who I am?"

I sigh under my breath and when I look up at Kiyara her expression almost makes me laugh. Almost.

"It's okay, Mrs. Blue. You can go back to your work." I tell her and she nods before walking out of my office and closing the door quietly behind her.

"I never liked any of your secretaries." Camille sighs audibly and sets her purse, which looks like it can't even hold her phone, down on my desk.

"It's her job, Camille," I object, walking back to my chair. "You can't just barge in here like this anyway. What if I was in the middle of a meeting?"

"You never have your meetings in your office." she points out. She's right, I never do. "Besides, I used to do that when we were together."