Twenty-Nine

I wake up the next day or rather snap out of my sleep thinking I missed something only to realize that today is Saturday. I can remember that the last time I checked my phone was at 3 a.m. before I must have drifted off to sleep.

The reason I tossed and turned in my bed for so long, sighing and wide awake is probably well known. I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about what happened yesterday, replaying all the details before my eyes.

And now that I'm awake, I have to think about it again. I guess I didn't stop thinking about it at all because I saw it in my dream that led to me waking up kissing the air.

I still can't wrap my head around what happened.

After he kissed me - or I kissed him, which one seems to be the right one now - I couldn't look into his eyes because I was so shy. I had to put ice cubes on my cheeks after he drove me home to make the blushing subside and the temperature drop.

Every touch of his lips on mine, warm and soft, burned into every cell of my body, and just thinking about it makes me flush. Everything has happened so fast that it feels like I'm in a dream.

I sit up straight. Maybe I dreamed it?

I pinch my arm. "Ouch!" I cry, slumping back into my pillow. "So it wasn't a dream."

I stare up at the ceiling and an uncontrollable smile rises to my face. I lift my fingers against my lips and close my eyes to relive the feeling of him on them.

He led me back to his car and blasted the heater because I was cold inside my wet clothes. We didn't talk about anything the whole drive. Having him kiss me like that left me speechless and I was afraid to say something wrong that would cause the beautiful moment to be ruined.

Maybe I was also a little afraid that he would say something that would disappoint me, so I didn't hint at a conversation. He didn't say anything, but the fleeting and soft glances, whenever we were at a red light, showed me that he didn't regret what had happened between us.

But I would be lying if I said I didn't die inside to know what he was thinking, how he was feeling. Whether his heart was beating just as fast and skipping a beat in between as mine was.

I was too shocked to talk so I forgot to tell him my address or give him directions and he didn't ask. He simply remembered. Walking me up to my apartment we then stood in the doorway, neither of us knowing what was to come next.

He had the most beautiful look in his eyes I had ever seen and he told me to take a warm shower and rest. He tucked a damp strand of hair behind my ear before walking away.

I don't know why I feel the way I do, but I wanted his lips pressed to mine again just to feel the taste of him for a few hours longer.

I must be crazy.

And I need to talk to someone about it or I'll go feral.

Taking my phone from the small nightstand next to my bed, I type a quick message to ask Megan if she'd like to go out for lunch with me and some shopping. I know she's at her mom's for the weekend, but knowing those two, I'm sure they've been bickering again.

I slept in, so I skip breakfast and rush to the bathroom to brush my teeth. In the meantime, a reply pops in from Megan, telling me that I'm her savior and that we should meet at the mall in an hour.

I get ready, putting on a simple outfit and applying only light makeup. A cab then takes me to the mall where we agreed to meet and I wait in front of the entrance for my best friend.