Sixteen

Mikayla

This week has already been hell with an hour-long meeting yesterday after we were freed from the elevator. I was late, which led to Lizzie being a little upset, but it's not exactly like it was my fault.

I mean, Mr. Jeon is kind of my witness that I wasn't late without a valid reason, and what also counts as an excuse is that I'm never late. Anyway, everyone came out of the meeting with headaches and square eyes and no one had the strength to continue working.

I already knew that the next advertisement will be for Moulin because Mr. Jeon told me in the elevator, but after Lizzie announced who the advertisement will be for, there was a stiffness reigning in the room.

I don't know much about the Moulin fashion brand or about Camille Moulin herself. I've seen her around the company a few times because she dated Mr. Jeon, which I didn't look into because my boss's life is none of my business. It was all over Twitter though and almost impossible not to know.

She is a model, had many runways even with famous brands and models, but I hadn't seen her in a long time. So when she walked by my desk the other day, head up looking all confident, I was surprised.

I'm excited to know what exactly she wants us to do for an ad, though. Since you can't find anything about their new spring collection online, which is obvious, thinking it's not out yet, I couldn't have a first impression about the clothes yet.

What I do know is that she is a person of high standards, which is why Lizzie gave us some ideas yesterday on how to proceed with our brainstorming. We are going to have a meeting in an hour, but this time with our CEOs and our client Ms. Moulin.

We had over one hundred clients this year and that shows that as a company we have successfully completed even the most challenging projects, which makes me even happier and prouder to be working for Jeon&Park in the first place.

I'm finishing writing down the last of my concepts. I may not know what the collection looks like, but still, some notes can be helpful. While I'm writing all over my sheet, out of the corner of my eye I see someone coming closer and when I look up I spot Mr. Park.

He smiles at us and also noticing his presence, everyone stops what they are doing to turn to him. "Good morning guys," he says and we greet him back. "I just came to ask which of you from the creative team will be joining us for the meeting with Moulin later today."

Megan and I and a few others raise our hands. Apparently, Kiyara has booked one of the largest rooms for this meeting, where about twenty people can fit.

"Great." Mr. Park smiles. "Get ready for war. You might come out of the meeting wounded."

I giggle under my breath and Megan sighs. "That doesn't help at all, Mr. Park."

He laughs. "I'm just kidding. I know we have the best creative team and you'll come up with excellent ideas."

"We'll do our best," I comment and he gives me a thumbs-up before saying we'll meet in the meeting room in half an hour and then he turns to leave.

"Is it too late to call in sick?" Megan asks, but I know it's rhetorical.

I brush it off and turn back to my notes. I skim over them, crossing some out and writing down new ones. It's hard to work for something without knowing what it is, but maybe that's the excitement of it. It stimulates my creativity.