Chapter 10 - The day after the night before.

Note

 I wasn't happy with Chapter 9 so it has had a major edit.  If you read it when I first put it up perhaps you might want to read it again.  It should flow a lot better than my first attempt.

......

Virgil (Pov)

Even before I opened my eyes I could feel every inch of my body tingle. I felt so good, refreshed, alive. I wanted to go for a long run and stretch my legs, sweat, get tired, and do it all over again. My wolf leapt at the idea, pawing at the ground to be set free. He felt stronger, more intensely alive too. I stretched and arched my back, every muscle feeling relaxed and supple. I could hear my heart beat strongly, blood coursing through my veins. A thousand, no a million sparks raced along my skin. I could hear James down in the kitchen washing dishes. Someone, somewhere was playing Bruno Mar's Uptown Funk. There were a thousand other noises, the world around me was busy and spinning around me. Even the wind, sounded different to me now. It was more of a voice not simply a noise. And the leaves and branches of the trees outside my window seemed to be playing a tune. So this was what being a full-blood wolf meant. You are sensitive to everything and everyone around you. It feels gooooood. I jumped out of bed, I think I'm going to like this.

I showered and pulled back my hair. That was another strange thing, it had grown longer overnight. Then I changed into my running gear. The plan was to go for a good long hard run after breakfast and see what else new was going on inside me. In the back of my mind though there was a nagging thought, how to approach James this morning. I was wondering how he was feeling after our little encounter last night. Not that it was a little encounter by any means, it was epic. It was the best sex I'd ever had thanks to the combination of a full moon and reaching maturity. I wish I hadn't bitten him. I had gone too far. I was shocked at how much tasting his blood had heightened my passion. I could have bled him dry if I was a different sort of Lycan. I will need to be prepared for the next full moon. A big question mark hung over it. I had no pack to ask for advice. I had left the Lycan world behind and had avoided any signs of it here. I was in some ways still as alone as ever.

As I walked into the kitchen I could smell the remnants of the previous night's lust everywhere. James was at the sink washing dishes and I wanted to pounce on him again. His strong, sturdy build had attracted me from the first, but it was his smile and sense of humour that delivered the sucker punch. He smelt so good, is this the new norm for me? My body responded to the memories that flashed in my head of our lovemaking. What had he made of all of it? It had been to a small extent violent rather than passionate.

"Good morning." I stood behind him and whispered it in his ear, testing the waters. "Thank you for my present." I kissed him softly on the cheek. It was chaste and sweet in comparison to the previous night.

James turned to me with a serious look on his face. Oh no, he was angry with me. "You realise I have to break up with my "not quite but could have been" boyfriend," because of you."

I was a little confused. I expected him to say something along the lines of " You fucking bitch you bit me!!"or "What the hell was all that growling about."

Instead, he unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it open. Oh shit! He had claw bruises streaking his chest and two small puncture marks, They were red and sore looking. "I think this might be a bit of a giveaway that I was with someone else."

James was a terrible cheater and that was one of the reasons why we didn't stay together for long. But yesterday was not his fault. Then he started laughing. "OMG, you should see your face....priceless."