Chapter 41 - Mail Order Bride

This is only a very short chapter that ties up everything that happened in the last few chapters.  Now I have to work out how to write the next bit of the plot.

I dozed on the taxi ride home. It was still very early and I was so tired. When the driver called out that we'd arrived I just gave him what every money I had in my wallet and stumbled out. James was at the bakery so the house was nice and quiet. I headed for my room and my cosy bed. All I wanted was to sleep, dreamless sleep. I can't even remember thinking anything once my head hit the pillow, no maybe one thing next time just chain me up and throw away the key.

When I woke up early afternoon I feltlike my self. The self that needs a kick up the arse. I lay staring at the ceiling going through parts of previous night. Charlotte and me had another round which has left me with a penis that feels raw and more cuts and bruises. Thankfully, while we thrashed about Paul went off to the bathroom. I remember him wrapped in a towel, searching the floor for his clothes. He looked like he'd been thrown into shredder. I bit my lip when I saw my bite on his chest, it looked painful and bruised. Once again I had lost control and did something stupid. When he dressed he went to sleep on the couch. Paul had tried to help me, he confided in me and I put him in an embarrassing position because I thought I was doing him a favour and on top of that took advantage of him. I'm scum.

This morning he'd woken me up at dawn and told me we need to leave. He had to catch his flight back home. I wanted to talk, wanted to apologise for putting him on the spot, tell him I owed him big time but we had no time. He was his old icy efficient self and I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Paul's goodbye was polite and when I said I'd call he didn't reply one way or the other. It's not romantic feelings that I have for him, although I have always thought he was attractive in a stark sort of way, it's that he's the only person apart from Kevin and James who I thought of as a friend.

..... 

I arranged for the driver to bring the Jaguar to the airport. It was black, expensive looking and had just the right amount of flashiness to hopefully impress Sophia Vasiliki. He was also to bring a freshly pressed suit for to me. I arrived back in the clothes that I had left in and I looked pretty rough. Of all days I had to look the part of the Ogéneia Guardian. It was important for the Alpha that everything ran smoothly.

As I wait at Gate 5 at the International Terminal I'm ready for a long day, there will be no cutting corners and definitely no more embarrassing incidents. I'm holding myself together with the help of pain killers. I took several this morning before leaving Alfonso's. Some of my wounds are still seeping and I had to dress the worst ones. Running my fingertips over the spot on my chest where Virgil bit me I'm still stunned I had sex. I haven't thought about that part of my life for many years. Unfortunately, I didn't have time this morning to talk to Virgil...and say thank you. I honestly didn't think I had it in me. I made sure Charlotte got a bonus for her efforts. The trip down proved a good decision in more ways than one. Another unexpected thing that came from it, which I needed to discuss with Virgil is learning to control his wolf. It has a blood lust which I didn't expect, especially as Virgil is by nature gentle. His wolf is more interested in hunting than mating during the full moon. I'll need to organise a pelt trap for him asap.

The arrival board says the plane landed on time so the potential future Luna of our pack should be coming through customs doors soon. I popped a couple of pain killers, put on my glasses, tugged at my sleeves and held up the tablet reading Sophia Vasiliki.

......

I normally post every day or second day but this next bit is going to be tricky mainly because I have no idea in what order to write it up ...soooo if you get bored waiting for the next chapter pop over to my other story.  Warning there are no werewolves, it's ordinary life just ordinary guys...but you might enjoy it.