Chapter 56 - Dinner Date

Just a short Chapter.

"Seriously, I'm really good at it. I've got incredible strong fingers from kneading dough at the bakery. I know it sounds weird but it's true." Virgil gave Paul an evil smile, lifted his hands and wiggled his fingers. He was sitting on the couch and trying to convince Paul to accept a massage.

"I believe you. Thanks but no thanks." The PA sat stiffly at the dinner table even though he had complained that he'd had trouble with his back after falling badly at a training session earlier in the day. He was still in his suit and his tie was firmly in place. "How about I just wash the dishes. It's too late for a run. We can go tomorrow." He arrived late at around 9.30 thanks to Damien having one issue after another concerning a new project. The meeting would have run for a few more hours if The PA hadn't called it a day and suggested they start fresh in the morning.

They had just finished dinner and two bottles of wine. Virgil was pleasantly mellow and he watched as Paul collected the plates and glasses, put them neatly on the bench. Virgil wondered how he managed to look so impeccable, flawless after a full day at work. He stared at him and thought perhaps his super power was neatness. Even doing mundane things his posture was perfect. How much training and self control did it take to keep that up. The PA removed his jacket and placed it careful over one of the dining room chairs and rolled up his sleeves. Virgil had suggested he get comfortable when he first arrived, take off his jacket, relax...but he had declined.  Virgil was pleased to see he was more relaxed now.

"Hang on." Virgil jumped up and moved to stand next to Paul who was filling the sink with hot soapy water. He pulled him around by his tie and loosened the loop.  " Down please." Paul bent his knees so Virgil could pull the tie over his head. Paul turned back to the sink but once again Virgil pulled him around. He popped a couple of buttons on his shirt and as a finishing touch reached up and ran his hand through his hair and until it was messy. He looked up at him. "Perfect...you're no longer perfect. You're like the rest of us." Then he let him go. The PA cocked an eyebrow and returned to doing the dishes.

"By the way I have a new house rule....when you're here you can't wear a jacket or tie. Agreed?"

Paul mumbled "We'll see."

Virgil realised this was the most relaxed he'd felt in ages. Thanks to the wine he was pleasantly fussy and enjoying the sensation. He went to open another bottle of wine and was about to pour two fresh glasses when there was a knock at the door.   Paul and he stood still and exchanged anxious looks. Virgil mouthed "Damien?????" Paul nodded. They were acting like children who had been sprung doing something wrong. "You open the door."  Virgil nodded his head in the direction of the door. "No...you!!!!!" Paul silently mouthed back and stuck his hands in the sink as if to say I can't move.

Virgil gave The PA a snarky look and whispered "Coward." he took a long swig of his wine, dutch courage, before turning to go the door. The PA had a small smile on his face as he continued to wash the dishes, he was thinking this is going to be interesting.

Damien (PoV)

It was late and he wasn't sure it was a good idea dropping in unannounced but he had knocked and it was to late to turn back. Their conversation this morning had niggled him all day. There were things he should have said but didn't. There was no response and he thought perhaps Virgil was already asleep, that would probably be for the best. Damien was about to leave when the door opened and there was Virgil a glass of wine in his hand. His cheeks pink unlike this morning when he looked so pale. He looked a little wobbly on his feet, a little drunk and he was smiling sort of....it was more of a silly grin.

"Damien." He said a little to loudly. "Come in."

I followed him in and was about to start my prepared apology for being an ass this morning when I saw my PA standing at the sink...washing dishes. Hmmmm....he looked very casual, very at home. He nodded in my direction "Good evening Alpha."

"I'm sorry but we just finished dinner. I didn't think you were coming. Are you hungry? I can make whip something up for you if you'd like." Virgil swayed as he grabbed the bottle of wine. "Would you like a drink?"

"Please." I sat down at the table.  Virgil poured a glass and put it in front of me. 

"I never realised you were so domesticated Paul." He turned to speak but didn't get the chance because Virgil piped in and said "He's a man of many skills." He grinned at the PA and to my surprise Paul winked back. WHAT THE FUCK!!