Chapter 59 - Something wicked this way comes.

I finally decided where I was going with the story line...why not stick in another drama, a wee bit of a hurdle to make life difficult before the story ends.  This is my image of Virgil.  I think he's beautiful.

PS I'm in the process of fixing all the typos, so just ignore them for the time being.

Not sure what happened with my stats for a few days.  I lost all my stats for the 5th.  I think a number of votes have gone astray from that day.  If you remember voting on that day, please try again.  My ranking has stuck in the same place for days, is that normal....usually mine go up and down daily.  

Damien (POV)

Angel Doukas, certainly had presence. From the moment he set foot in the main house there was a palpable hum of excitement. His golden aura pulsed as he moved from room to room, filling the space with a faint vibration. He was like no other Lycan Damien had ever met. Even as an Alpha of a pack he felt there was no comparison, in experience or strength. He suspected his wolf must be a beast of creature. He can see how Guardian Doukas holds the position he has in the Royal Court, in reality, the only Lycan more powerful than him is the King. He is his adviser in all matters and beside the Ogéneia Guardian holds the highest position in the Lycan world. I doubt even an heir would be as formidable. So I have to ask myself, why is he here?

Apparently, it wasn't only his aura that was effecting the surroundings, his scent was remarkably strong. It spread throughout the compound and Damien had to order some of the staff to remain in their quarters. The unmated Lycans had started to fret, it could become embarrassing. He was making the Alpha uncomfortable. Damien's large office for once felt confining.

"Is a very strong espresso out of the question?" Angel Doukas asked in his deep, accented voice. "It is all I have thought about since we landed." His smile was charming and Damien wondered how long he'd practised it, how did he modulate his voice to make it sound like a caress. It must be one of the many little tricks he used in his role, a master of diplomacy or plane old schmoozing.

"That can be arranged." Damien nodded at The PA who went to attend to it.

"I am sure you are wondering why I have come unannounced. I have no desire to cause you any concern so I will be blunt and hopefully we can come to an understanding quickly." He had waiting until The PA left the room to start speaking, first alarm bell went off.

"You haven't been sent by the King, I gather. This is purely a private visit, is that correct Guardian Doukas?" Damien asked before he could go on. He didn't appreciate the his tone or the word "understanding". To him it sounded as if The Guardian anticipated little resistance to what ever he proposed. Perhaps he thought that he was a young inexperienced Alpha from a relatively small pack who would be happy to impress someone from the Homeland.

The PA came back with a tray and set it on the coffee table. Then went back to his position standing behind the Alpha, he was sharp and correct, the antithesis of Guardian Doukas who was more like a steam punk cosplay character.

"Would it be possible if we could discuss this in private." The Guardian picked up the small cup and sniffed it appreciatively, glancing at the PA over the rim. He smiled again and the air in the room vibrated a little faster. "Not that I wish to disrespect you in anyway Guardian Holt... but it is a delicate matter." Alarm bell number two went off in my head, louder and more urgent.

"No. That isn't possible. He stays. In fact Paul please take a seat." Damien felt a little satisfaction when he saw the Guardian's facade slip for a second. The PA remained expressionless, obeying Damien and taking a seat beside him He straightened is suit jacket before settling his attention impassively on Guardian Doukas. A poker face can come in very handy at times.