Chapter 35 - Father and Son

Sorry if this chapter has more typos than usual  or if it's a bit jarring.  I lost half of it when I was almost finished and had to try to rewrite it before I forgot it all.  

"This is not going to be fun." The PA mumbled to himself. He stood outside The Alpha's office, took off his dark glasses and placed them carefully in the inside pocket of his suit and smoothed down the slight bulge they made. Pulling on his cuffs he straightened his shoulders. He'd just let The Tattac Guardian into the office. He was the last person to arrive for the meeting. He could hear several raised voices already.

Paul braced himself. He knew this was the point where his loyalty to the Alpha would be tested. As the Ogéneia Guardian it was his life's mission, like all the other Guardians, to serve the Alpha of the pack. Under normal circumstances, there would be no mixed emotions about performing his duties but as the previous Alpha was still very much alive it was becoming increasingly difficult.

Normally when a new Alpha came into power the old Alpha had passed away or became to feeble to hold the pack together and there would be no power play for control. In this case the Damien's father had made a remarkable recovery and although diminished in some ways, he still had the blazing aura of an Alpha and the personality to match. Damos still imagined himself to be the most powerful Lycan of our pack. Apart from being both wrong and foolish, his attitude was verging on treacherous. The law was clear cut. The mantle of Alpha had passed to his heir. The law was also clear cut when it came to the punishment handed down to pack members for crimes such as treason. In the past pure bloods were never exiled they were executed. It kept the bloodline pure, direct bloodlines were paramount. Those were the old days PA told himself. Damien had to handle this situation with great care.

Even with this in mind, Paul felt the pull of his long association with Damos. He had been a ruthless Alpha in his time. He had strengthened the pack and it had amassed a fortune due to his business acumen. When the PA first became the Ogéneia Guardian it was Damos who helped him get a grip on the enormous responsibility he had taken on. The PA had only been 20 at the time. He had given up everything as a child to train for his role in the pack. He had no family, no mate, only his duty to the Alpha and his pack. From the time he was chosen until his dying day he was the Alpha's Ogéneia Guardian and there was only one Alpha. His friendship and loyalty to Damos had been severed when Damien took on the role. Damos needed to understand this is how it was. His pride had to admit to the reality that it was his son's time to rule over the pack.

The scene he had caused at the Charity Fashion Show was the last interference Damien was going to allow in his private life as well as the running of the pack. He had the backing of The Chapel Guardian who had witnessed Damos' behaviour at the chapel, when he had momentarily lost control of his wolf and it had leapt at Paul when he blocked his path to Virgil. Attacking your own kind was also treasonous, no precious pure blood was shed uselessly. The PA lifted the cuff and examined the deep red teeth marks just above his right wrist. He remembered the look on the old Wolf's face as it growled ferociously, lips curled back and fangs extended inches from his face just before it was pulled back by Damos.

He checked the time. Took a deep breath and entered the office.

.....

Four chairs where lined up in a row in front of the Alphas desk. This was significant.  Mark Ollifant,  Apestal Guardian sat on the end,  David, Trovo, Tattac Guardian next to him. Damos on the other end. Paul as the Ogéneia Guardian took the empty seat. He acknowledge the other Guardians with formal nodded to his left and right and greeted the Alpha.