𝐢𝐢𝐢. the fredbear plush

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter three: the fredbear plush

June 1981

SPOOLS OF THREAD AND OTHER THINGS LITTER THE TABLE. Gold, flaxen, black, purple, blue, and white thread. Black buttons. Shiny, sharp needles. Cotton stuffing. Two squeakers. His sewing kit.

William is in his basement at the table with these things, hunched over, examining a drawing on a scrap piece of paper.

The drawing was from Chris, of a plush toy based around the Fredbear animatronic from Fredbear's Family Diner.

He didn't know why he was doing this. He felt no sympathy or empathy for Chris. But something was telling him it was a good idea...

He picks up the needle and begins sewing.

✧ ✧ ✧

It seems like hours before he's finally done. He just had to get everything perfect, pulling apart and redoing seams and stitching if they were messed up. And now...now it was over and done with.

The plush's golden fur is shining in the basement light, as is the purple silk top hat and purple silk bow. It's blue eyes have an innocent look to them. It's so perfect...

He squeezes the bowtie and boops the nose.

They both squeak, loudly, the high-pitched noise echoing, just like the bowtie on Spring Bonnie and the nose of Fredbear had.

Perfect, just as it should be for a little gremlin like Christopher... William thinks as he starts putting away his supplies and tucks the drawing of Fredbear into a drawer located in the filing cabinet beside the table.

Hello, William. It seems you have brought me to life.

William gasps. He stares at the Fredbear plush and swears its eyes just moved to stare back at him.

For now, my voice can only be heard in your head. Some might think you're going crazy.

"Shut up," William snaps, grabbing the plush and chucking it across the room. "Stop fucking speaking!"

I am a gift for Christopher, a gift from you for him. It would be a shame if I was damaged. He would be upset with you, William.

"God, Fredbear, just shut up already!" he yells again. This time he gets up from the chair and snatches the plush from off of the floor, glaring directly into its bright blue irises. "You can talk to Chris when I give you to him. That sounds like a good idea, eh?"

Quite.

"Oh, piss off, then, if you're going to give me bullshit answers or some shit, you fucking idiot!" William stomps up the stairs, throwing the basement door open and slamming it shut behind him. "And don't say another goddamn word to me, alright?!"

It seems you are going insane, William.

William's eyes twitch. He wants to rip the damn toy to shreds.

He mutters something under his breath and heads upstairs. Walks to Chris' room, only to find the bedroom door open just a crack. He pushes it open.

The night light is on, bathing the room in dim yellow light. Chris is fast asleep in his bed. He looks peaceful.

William shakes his head, walking quietly over to the bed. He places the Fredbear plush next to Chris, hoping that when the boy woke up tomorrow, he'd be happy to have received the gift.

William rolls his eyes as he walks back out of the room, thinking,

Happiness is a virtue. I lack such things. As does Christopher...

author's note
merry christmas!!

also, i'm sorry this
is a shorter chapter.
it's a filler and i
had writer's block
while writing it

12.25.21