𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. the daycare attendant

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter seventy-six: the daycare attendant

WHEN GREGORY REACHES THE SECOND FLOOR, HE HEADS TO THE RED DOUBLE DOORS THAT LEAD TO THE DAYCARE

WHEN GREGORY REACHES THE SECOND FLOOR, HE HEADS TO THE RED DOUBLE DOORS THAT LEAD TO THE DAYCARE. Opening the doors, he enters a long hallway opening up into a long hallway. The hallway was surprisingly dark. Stars on the black ceiling above glowed just enough to be seen, but shed no light on anything else. Passing the restrooms off to the right and the Fizzy Faz soda vending machines to his left as he walks through the hall, he reaches a wider space. There was a fountain along one of the walls and stretching out toward the middle of the room. Along one of the other walls was a recharge station, the bright blue lightning bolt embedded in it glowing softly in the dim lighting.

He wonders if the place stays like this all day or if, at some point, it would get brighter. The darkness wasn't helping the fatigue he was feeling from a lack of sleep. He continues on until he reaches the Daycare-themed garage door at the back of the room. As it opens, he ducks inside.

It was much brighter here in the Daycare. His eyes hurt at the sudden change in brightness and he blinks a few times, hoping that would help.

The Superstar Daycare is blue. Bright blue. Chairs of various sizes—most of them being for small children—and tables were placed around the room just outside the Daycare pickup. The light in the Daycare reflects off of a golden statue placed in the middle of the space, a statue of Sun and Moon, the characters he had seen in the posters all around the Pizzaplex thus far. Sun and Moon must've been the Daycare attendant. He ignores the TV that was advertising Sunnydrop—the energizing candy—and Moondrop—the sleepy-time candy—and walks further into the room.

"Gregory, I am unable to reach you," Freddy announces as Gregory passes the tables. "Check the daycare security desk for a security badge, then let me in."

He rubs at his eyes as a yawn leaves his lips while he's walking past check-in. He was so tired. He needs something that could help him stay awake, something with caffeine in it, most likely. Like chocolate or Fizzy Faz. But neither of those things were here. Maybe if he could leave the Daycare real quick and steal a soda from the vending machines? No, that wouldn't work. The machines were probably empty, plus he had no idea how to hack vending machines to get free food.

With a defeated sigh, he walks toward the slide entrance. The sign attached to the slide reads, in a bright rainbow colors and all capital letters, "SLIDE INTO FUN!" Light from inside the play area of the Daycare filtered in through the slide.

"Here goes nothing," Gregory says as begins the slide down. On the way out through the colorful tube, he falls face first into the ball pit below. He quickly stands up and shakes himself off, coming back to his senses as he glances around while trying to traverse the pit. It was extremely bright in here, and the decorations were as homey as could be. Well, at least for a little kid. Gregory wouldn't consider himself a little kid. Not that little.