𝐥𝐱𝐢. the thing with purple eyes

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter sixty-one: the thing with purple eyes

July 17, 2027

A VOICE GREETS THEM WHEN THEY SPAWN INTO WHAT APPEARED TO BE A GIGANTIC WHITE ROOM WITH A ROLLER COASTER RAIL. The track was long and they seemed to be in a roller coaster cart. The scenery around them changes as the cart moves, pictures filling their view as the background fades to black. As the coaster cart rolls up to a door, a VHS tape was on the rail. Vincent reaches out to grab it and right as he had grabbed it, Vanessa pulls him back in.

"What the hell are you doing?" she asks, crossing her arms.

"Grabbing this," he holds up the cassette. "I think we should keep it, just in case. It looks important."

Vanessa rolls her eyes and takes the cassette from him. She was going to put it down in the cart, but it dissolves into pixels before she was able to.

"Was that supposed to happen?" she asks, looking up at Vincent. Her brother shrugs, not too sure. Neither of them knew what they were getting themselves into.

The cart stops in front of the door.

A blue panel pops up next—a waiver, perhaps—, green text autoscrolling quite fast when they attempt to read it. Vincent didn't catch anything it said, but it seemed Vanessa had, because now the blonde had an eyebrow raised in confusion.

The door opens and the scenery changes once again as the cart rolls along the rail. The main room, they suspect, was much like the Freddy's locations, with the spacious dining area and many tables and the huge stage up front.

The main stage was closed, purple curtains drawn. There was a screen in front of them, showcasing different mode based on each of the locations. There was also a switch box and buttons, neither of which were touched by the twins in case they accidentally mess something up.

There was a prize counter on the adjacent wall stocked with different prizes. Vincent wondered if any of those would be useful in the near future.

Also, it was extremely dark. How they were supposed to see anything was beyond either one of them. Vincent moves away from the desk as Vanessa cycles through the different locations on the screen. There, in what looked to be a dark bathroom hallway, was a pair of glowing purple eyes.

"Uh, Nessa?" Vincent says, his voice wavering.

"Hm?"

"What is that?"

"What is what?" Vanessa asks, turning around to see what he was looking at. She looks toward the hallway, but doesn't see anything. "There's nothing there, Vinnie. Are you sure you weren't just imagining things?"