𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. race against the clock

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter thirty-nine: race against the clock

(tw: drugs)

October 27, 2023

RILEY WAS GETTING TIRED OF THIS SHIT. She wasn't sick of it any more than she already was. No, this was different. She just wanted to go home. Safely, at least. She grew more paranoid each night, assuming William was going to follow her to the exit whenever she left the building a few minutes after six o'clock. She keep thinking he would be right behind her, ready to strike; she was fearing he'd strangle her or snap her neck, and leave her limp body to rot in the Fright.

That's a horrifying image, she thinks. Let's not think about that. You have work to do.

Stressing over possibly dying to a dead man in a rabbit suit was not a good thing at all.

She checks the time on her phone. It was 11:55. She shoves her phone into her back pocket and takes the keys out of her other pocket, and makes her way into the building.

The familiar halls greet her once she's inside. The creepy theme in the horror attraction was definitely working. She heads to the office immediately.

The phone rings. She picks it up, doing absolutely nothing else as she listens to the voice from the message,

"Uh, hello? Hello, hello! Uh, there has been a slight change of company policy concerning you and the suits. Um, so... After learning of an unfortunate incident at the sister location involving multiple and simultaneous spring lock failures, the company has deemed the suits temporaily unfit for employees. Safety is top priority at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, which is why the classic suits are being retired to an appropriate location while being looked at by our technicians. Until replacements arrive, you'll be expected to wear the temporary costumes provided to you. Keep in mind, that they were found on very short notice, so questions about appropriateness/relevance should be deflected. I repeat, the classic suits are not to be touched, activated, or worn. That being said, we are free of liability, do as you wish. As always, remember to smile. You are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."

Riley sighs, setting the phone back down as she sits back in the chair. She picks up the tablet for the cameras. The rabbit was currently dormant in the very back room. Good, she thinks. She was also going to have to think of a nickname for William. Instead of calling him the dead man in the rabbit suit. He was, essentially, trapped in the Spring Bonnie suit. Springtrap? That was a possible idea for his new name.

Her vision goes blurry for a moment, and slight dizziness is starting to overtake her. Already? The night's just started! She picks up the maintenance tablet and resets the ventilation.