𝐱𝐱𝐢. familiar faces, worn out places

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter twenty-one: familiar faces, worn out places

January 6, 1990

EVEN THOUGH IT HAPPENED NEARLY SEVEN YEARS AGO, SHE REMEMBERS IT ALL TOO WELL. Her death, and how she was able to possess The Puppet. The animatronic that was supposed to protect her that day, to watch over her, to make sure nothing ever happened to her.

If only she had fought harder, she wouldn't have been locked out of Fredbear's Family Diner. If only...

The Prize Corner was her favorite part of the diner. The Puppet was here, keeping watch over the counter, to make sure no kids stole any of the prizes.

Charlie was in here to redeem her tickets. She had earned enough to purchase a Spring Bonnie plush, one to match the Fredbear plush that William had made for Chris a couple of years ago.

The Puppet's box opens, revealing the animatronic. It looks at her, detecting her green wristband secured safely on her wrist, before looking back at her face.

"Hi, Puppet," three-year-old Charlie says. "I have tickets for the Spring Bonnie plushie."

The Puppet nods to her before picking her up and setting her to sit on the counter. Charlie giggles. The Puppet reaches behind itself toward the prize wall and takes one of the Spring Bonnie plush toys.

Swapping the plush for the tickets, Charlie gladly takes her new gift from her favorite animatronic. "Thank you," she says, before scooting off of the counter.

The Puppet, knowing what Charlie was doing was not safe, unfurls its arms and leans forward, catching her.

Charlie burst into a fit of giggling. "I could've done that myself, Puppet."

The animatronic sets her back on the floor and tilts its head at her, a hand on its hip.

"Okay," Charlie groans. "I won't do it again."

The Puppet returns to the safety of its box, pulling the lid shut.

Charlie goes to leave the Prize Corner. Two older kids are blocking the way out. They're towering over her, menacing looks on their faces as they notice the plush in her hands.

"Hey, how'd you get that Spring Bonnie plush?" the boy demands. "You stole it, didn't you? You one of those kids whose dad owns this place, yeah?"