𝐥𝐱𝐯. tapes, tapes, and even more tapes

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter sixty-five: tapes, tapes, and even more tapes

July 21, 2027

WHEN THE TWINS START UP THE GAME FOR THE FIFTH TIME THIS WEEK, THEY'RE GREETED BY HANDUNIT'S VOICE. "You're doing a great job and no doubt having a great time as well. As a reminder, please be sure to only interact with core gameplay elements and avoid anything that could potentially be considered a glitch, mistake, or embedded message from unauthorized personnel." A warning, informing them to not mess with anything they shouldn't.

"Glitchtrap's not even here right now," Vincent notes, glancing toward the bathroom hallway while Vanessa navigates to the Parts and Service mode, Jeremy watching them from the stage.

"Welcome back to Parts and Service!" HandUnit's voice announces when the twins spawn into the level. "Oh no. It looks like Bonnie's guitar is out of tune and must be recalibrated." Vincent stares at the electric guitar in Bonnie's hands. Impulsively, he reaches out and strums the strings. There's an offkey tune that plays, and he notices that by doing this, a coin had appeared on the little table beside the deactivated animatronic. He picks up the coin and it dissolves into pixels.

"First," HandUnit continues, "we must access his harmonization module located inside his secondary throat pipe." Vincent looks around, but doesn't see anything that looked like a secondary throat pipe. "To access the throat pipe, both eyes must first be removed. You must be as precise as possible when removing the eyes from their respective sockets. First, firmly grip Bonnie's left eye and carefully remove it from its socket."

While Vincent starts the procedure, Vanessa picks up the Bonnie plushie next to the cleaning receptacle to the left and sets it aside. A coin was resting under it. She grabs it.

She checks the cleaning receptacle on the right afterward, to find a coin propped up beside it.

"It's like Operation," Vincent sighs, finally removing the eye from the socket.

"Great job," HandUnit praises, "Deposit the left eye in the cleaning receptacle on your left."

He places the eye in the cleaning receptacle.

"Well done," HandUnit says as the receptacle starts to clean the eye. "Now, firmly grip Bonnie's right eye and carefully remove it from its socket."

Vanessa watches him carefully. His movements were careful and precise as to not mess this up.

"Someone knows how to follow directions," she says, smirking.

Vincent rolls his eyes, but does not respond.

"Deposit the right eye in the cleaning receptacle on your right."

Vincent places Bonnie's right eye into the cleaning receptacle.

"Good job. To open Bonnie's face plate, carefully press the two buttons located on either side of Bonnie's jaw. When done correctly, you should hear two small clicks."