𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. the scooper

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter thirty-two: the scooper

December 9, 1993

WHY DID THEY COME BACK? After the events of last night, they shouldn't have returned. Something worse could happen. Something worse than Michael getting kidnapped. Something worse than Eva almost dying to Funtime Foxy.

"Welcome back to your last day on the job. That is, the last of your first week," HandUnit says, greeting them as the elevator descends into the abyss. "Some of the most valued qualities that we like to see in new employees are determination, fearlessness, and a genuine disregard for instinctive self-preservation. You've earned you one-week bonus, which will be given to you in the form of a delightful gift basket, the cost of which will be taken out of your next paycheck." Great. Now Michael won't have a lot of money this week.

"We've gift baskets containing fruit, nuts, flowers, and, of course, the ever-popular cash basket. Using the keypad below, please enter the first frw letters of the gift basket you would like to receive."

When the keypad pops up in his face, Mike makes no rush to press the buttons on the glitching screen. Seven bright green dots appear on the screen with an error message, like always.

"It seems that you had some trouble with the keypad—I see what you are trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you. Thank you for selecting: Exotic Butters." The keypad goes back into the wall.

"Please be aware that there are still two technicians onsite today. Try to avoid interfering with their work if possible. Also, feel free to ask them why they are still there, and encourage them to go home."

"I bet it's the two technicians from last night," Mike says grimly as the elevator stops. He presses the red button by the door and the door opens.

"What?" Eva questions as she enters the vent.

"There were two technicians that brought Ballora to the Scooping Room last night. I'm... not sure what happened to them," Mike answers as he follow her.

They enter the primary control module.

"Let's check on Ballora, and make sure she's on her stage." Mike presses the blue button for the light. The sight from the window is not a good one. One of the technician had been hanged from wires above Ballora's stage.

"Great. Now let's check on Funtime Foxy." The outcome was the same. The other technician was hanged with the wires above Funtime Foxy's stage.