𝐥𝐱𝐢𝐱. curse of dreadbear

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter sixty-nine: curse of dreadbear

October 31, 2027

VANESSA PROMISED VINCENT AND LUIS THAT SHE WOULDN'T GO BACK TO HEADQUARTERS TO CHECK ON THE VR GAME. But here she was, back at the Fazbear Entertainment headquarters. Back in the goddamn testing room for a game that probably didn't function properly anymore. For a game that no longer has a virus within, she thinks, opening the door to the testing room.

Technically, I am still here. There's the voice in her head again. Glitchtrap. Ever since the failed reset of the game, it's been in her head, telling her things and giving her severe migraines.

Leave me alone, she replies in her head, closing the door behind her. She digs into her pocket and takes out the USB drive, plugging it into the computer as she turns it on. While she waits, she goes the VR headset and controllers off of the rack and turns on the headset. Then, she makes sure the controllers are functioning, before slipping the headset over her face.

She's faced with the title screen of the game, to which she presses a button on the controller in her left hand, and the game officially starts.

Vanessa's back in the main hub. Everything was the same as it had been before the reset had taken place, yet the only difference was that Glitchtrap no longer existed within the game's files.

"Congratulations!" HandUnit's voice says, pretty loudly, which make Vanessa instinctively turn down the volume on the headphones attached to the headset. "It appears you have been granted access to additional holiday content. Press the special button in the candy pail to enter the Halloween hub. Keep in mind that this DLC pack is nothing more than a festive Halloween-themed add-on, which has absolutely no hidden intent or purpose. So, have fun!"

She wasn't expecting the game to have gotten a Halloween update. She hadn't even expected the game to have worked. She thought, after all these months, the files had been deleted and the project shut down. But apparently not...

There's a glowing pink button in the cupcake-shaped candy pail. She presses it and it takes her to the Halloween hub. It was decorated similarly to a haunted corn maze. In front of her was the similarly decorated interface.

There were three modes here: Afraid of the Dark, which had three levels; Spooky Mansion, which had four levels; and Danger: Keep Out, which had three levels.

The first level of the Afraid of the Dark mode was Plushkin Patch. She selects it and is soon teleported to the level.

It only took a few seconds to realize it had the same mechanics as the Plushbabies level. Except, the setting was a haunted pumpkin patch.

Vanessa shines the flashlight around, noticing a group of Plushkins down at the pumpkin patch. There's laughter that follows and the Plushkins twitch violently before disappearing.