𝐯. the funtime animatronic designs

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter five: the funtime animatronic designs

Early November 1983

THE BASEMENT LIGHT FLICKERS. He would need to get that lightbulb replaced soon. Who knows when it would blow, bathing the entire basement in oitch black darkness?

Several objects litter the floor and table of the basement. Balled up papers. Pencils. Markers. Pens. Spilled jars of glitter, even.

William's in the basement for the umpteenth time, designing again. The scribbles of the drawing utensils echo through the basement. God, the walls were thin but William did not care.

He wipes sweat from his brow as he looks over the drawings on the table. It was hot down here too. He would have to fix that eventually. Too much humidity and moisture would lead to mold and mildew forming in the basement in places it shouldn't.

The animatronic designs he's drawn have a clean and girly design to them. The bear one is almost an exact copy of the brown bear in Henry's garage, except this one is white and pink, with purple cheek spots, purple knee caps, and a dark blue rabbit hand puppet attached to its right hand, microphone in the other. The fox in another drawing has a similar color scheme to the bear and the model is nearly identical to Foxy. The only difference is that this version is not a pirate fox and it has a big red bowtie, pink cheek spots, bright pink claws, and a pink tail tip. The third drawing is a ballerina. Self explanatory. William found this to be his scariest one.

The very last one was his favorite design, though.

It was a baby clown of some sort that resembled Elizabeth. It had two orange pigtails to represent Elizabeth's strawberry blonde hair, big and bright green eyes, an innocent smile, and a cutesy outfit to complement it; a red frilly dress. The short, red frilly skirt was probably the most noticeable thing about it. And it too had a microphone.

An addition to the designs was that he had drawn a speak nestled in the center of their chests, like a voice box. These animatronics were solely William's creation. He wouldn't have Henry aiding him. There was a possibility they could be more advanced than anything Henry has ever created.

He would modify the designs another day.

But that would have to be out off for a few years.

Right now, he had a company to help Henry run. He had a diner to go deal with. Animatronics to go fix. Kids to go...bother. Things only he could do while he worked as Henry's friend and business partner.

Things he can do while both of them were still a part of Fazbear Entertainment.

William stacks the drawings into a neat pile in a manila folder and pulls out a drawer from the filing cabinet beside he table, tossing the entire folder in there. He slams the drawer shut and grabs a single gold key from his pocket, inserting it into the keyhole and turning it, locking the drawer of the filing cabinet.

He'll come back for those another day.

Time to get back to work, William.

author's note
this is also a
filler chapter
dammit 😪

12.25.21