𝐢𝐱. charlie?

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter nine: charlie?

June 1984

IT'S NEARLY SEVEN IN THE MORNING. William's muttering curses under his breath as he paces the Dining Area. And he looks like he's seen a ghost (he's been like this since six). But Henry, Jason, Quinn, and Lilith did not know why. William wouldn't say.

It had something to do with the night shift. William couldn't process anything that had happened during those six hours from 12am-6am that morning. God, it was scary. The poor things didn't have a sense of time, it seemed. The animatronics didn't have a proper night mode and they would roam the pizzeria when it got too quiet in the rooms they were in. They were looking for people, that much was certain. The only person in the establishment at the time was William, so they accidentally wandered into the security office, looking for him.

William has no recollection of how he made sure the animatronics didn't get to him. But he does know that the worse thing about the office was that there was no door or vent coverings. Oh, and some of the animatronics entered the office through the vents.

The front door opens, alerting them of Lincoln's presence.

"Morning, Sir," Quinn greets him, waving.

Lincoln nods, acknowledging her. "Morning."

"Afton hasn't done anything for the past hour, Boss," Jason says, smirking.

"Jason, you wanker," William rounded on him, glaring. "I'm going to slit your fucking throat and smear your blood on the fucking walls if you—"

"Chop, chop, William, get to work!" Lincoln claps his hands. "There's no time for slacking off."

William mutters something under his breath and picks up his toolbox.

"So far, Mangle's the only real problem we've had, Mr. McDermott," Henry said, smacking William on the back of his head. "Is it okay if the animatronics are set to their day-roaming mode?"

"That should be fine, Henry. It'll loosen up their servos for the day. Jason, Quinn, Lilith, help him with that will you? I have to get to the daycare soon. It opens at seven and I—"

There's a loud clatter from the stage and the sound of panicked footsteps.

William's frantically trying to correct Toy Bonnie's balance. Jason scared him and made him fall into the blue rabbit.

"Jesus Christ, Afton, if you break Bonnie..." Lincoln mutters, shaking his head.

"That was an accident," William retorts, letting go of Toy Bonnie as he turns to look at Jason, glaring daggers at him.