𝐥𝐱𝐢𝐯. dark rooms

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter sixty-four: dark rooms

July 20, 2027

VANESSA CLICKS HER TONGUE, SURVEYING THE HALLWAY. She and Vincent had been on the Plushtrap minigame in the Dark Rooms mode for the past hour. The time length of the minigame was only ninety seconds and could be completed in less time, yet, Vincent keeps dying as soon as both of them spawned in.

"Fucking spawn-kill," Vincent muttered when he got sent back to the retry room. He presses the retry button and soon gets sent back to the hallway. Was this a bug? Maybe. Should the two of them tell Luis right now? No. They had a game to play.

"I think it's a you problem," Vanessa says, turning on the flashlight. Right as she did that, in the moment it had still been dark, Plushtrap climbs down from the chair and sits idly on the floor. She clicks the flashlight off, waiting.

"Eh, I don't think so." But this time, Vincent did not get jumpscared. "If two plus two is four and five plus five is ten, what the fuck is this?"

Vanessa giggles, a hand reaching up to cover her mouth and stifle her laughter. She shines the flashlight again. Plushtrap was no longer there, having run into one of the four rooms perpendicular to the hallway.

She clicks the flashlight off and waits again. Turning to her brother, a slight smile on her face. "I was expecting you to have died again."

Vincent rolls his eyes. "There's no more spawn-kills, Nessa. I think I'm fine now."

"Sure," she replies, shining the flashlight in front of her again, only to catch the animatronic plushie plop itself down in the middle of the hallway, a few feet in front of the chair, but still too far from the red X on the floor. She turns the flashlight off. "You're a real bitch, Plushtrap."

Vincent moves over to sit beside Vanessa, hands resting in his lap. He stares into the dark, quietly, seeing the outline of Plushtrap shift before there's movement. "Nessa!"

Vanessa clicks on the flashlight, seeing the rabbit run into the room to the left of the red X.

"Oh, buddy, you're fast on your feet, aren't you?" she mutters, turning the flashlight off, waiting in the dark.

A few more seconds pass.

She shines the flashlight again, seeing Plushtrap peek out of the room and disappear just as quickly. "Screw you!" she yells into the darkness as the flashlight turns off.

She sits there, arms crossed, flashlight in hand. She scowls, shaking her head as she shifts from sitting cross-legged to sitting on her knees.

Shining the flashlight again, Plushtrap was now seated on the red X. The word Great! appears above his head, the screen fading to black.