𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. rockstars

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter forty-three: rockstars

November 5, 2023

IT'S LATE AT NIGHT. Michael never found the time to talk to William since '93. Though William is most likely dead from the fire at the Fright, Michael still had something he needed to get off his chest.

He picks up his phone from off of his nightstand and turns it on. He goes to the phone app and dials William's number. The phone rings for about a minute before going straight to voicemail.

"This is the voicemail of William Afton. I can't answer your call right now. Please leave a message and I'll try to call back as soon as I can."

Michael's hand shakes as he brings the phone up to his ear. Whatever he was going to say in the voicemail he was leaving for William was something he should have said a long time ago. When Eva had taken him back home after the events of the sister location.

He'll never get this message, he thinks, shifting uncomfortably as he sits up on the bed. He glances behind him, at Jeremy's sleeping form, hoping he didn't accidentally wake him up. The blond is still fast sleep, so Michael begins speaking into the phone,

"Father, it's me, Michael. I did it. I found it. It was right where you said it would be. They were all there. They didn't recognize me at first, but then, they thought I was you. And I found them. I put them back together, just like you asked me to. They're free now. But something is wrong with me. I should be dead, but I'm not. I've been living in shadows. There is only one thing left for me to do now. I'm going to come find you."

A few seconds of silence pass after he speaks before he hangs up and exhales, staring wide-eyed at the screen of his phone as if something bad just happened. A weight's been lifted at least. He presses the power button and turns off his phone, setting it back down on the nightstand, before climbing back under the covers.

I'm going to come find you, he thinks as he closes his eyes and falls asleep.

✧ ✧ ✧

December 17, 2023

"Michael, you didn't have to come here—I don't even know how you found me. It's the middle of the month. Christmas is in a bit over a week from now. Why don't you go back home and spend time with everyone?"

"You're the one that miraculously found my number and called me, asking me to come here, back to your house for whatever reason, Uncle Henry. When did you even come back to Hurricane?" Michael says as he looks up at the older man that's sat in front of him at the desk. He removes his hood from off of his head as he glances at the posters adorning the walls of the small office, before looking back at him.