𝐯𝐢. the bite of '83

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter six: the bite of '83

Mid-November 1983

THERE ARE FIVE DAYS UNTIL CHRIS AFTON'S PARTY. He's sitting in his room, on the bed, talking to his Fredbear plush toy.

"Do you think Mike is gonna scare me again?" he asks the plush.

There is a possibility, Christopher. There is never a day where he doesn't.

"That's...reassuring..." Chris sighs, leaning against the wall. The Fredbear plush sits on the opposite end of the bed.

I try to be as helpful as possible, Christopher.

"Well," he looks over at the plush, "you're not being very helpful right now."

Just then, his bedroom door is flung open. Michael is standing there, a mischievous grin on his face.

"Hey, Chris. Your birthday's next week, so I was thinking, what a way to spend it early with your brother," Michael takes the Foxy mask from behind his back and puts it on.

Chris' bottom lip trembles and he starts crying, tears falling down his cheeks.

"Gotcha! Bye, you big crybaby!" Michael slams the door shut and locks it, locking Chris in his bedroom.

Tomorrow is another day.

✧ ✧ ✧

There are four days until the birthday party. The door had been unlocked since yesterday after Michael got yelled at by Clara to open it.

Chris opens the door, the Fredbear plush toy clutched close to his chest. He peers out of his room, looking down both ends of the hallway. He doesn't see Michael.

William is in the basement again. Clara is with Elizabeth and Eva in the kitchen.

As he walks through the hallway, Fredbear is talking to him.

Be careful, Christopher. You do not know where Michael is hiding this time, if he's even hiding at all.

"That's not helpful, Fredbear," Chris mutters, heading downstairs.

He passes by the kitchen. The door is open and his sisters see him, waving. He waves back, but doesn't do anything else as he heads into the living room.