𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. insanity log

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter forty-eight: insanity log

December 22, 2023

MICHAEL STARES DOWN AT THE BLUEPRINTS LAID OUT IN FRONT OF HIM. He pulls down the bear mask as he glances back up, only to glare, face contorted with rage as he looks at Vanessa, Vincent, and James. "Where the hell did you get these?"

The three teenagers are silent, not looking at their uncle. All they do is glance at each other.

"Where did you get these blueprints?" he repeats.

"We— James found them..." Vanessa answers, finally looking up at Michael. "I don't know where he found them, but he did, and then he showed us, and brought them to you."

"I didn't know what it was for, so I thought I should show you," James explains, chewing on his lip from nervousness. "Whatever L.E.F.T.E. is, Grandpa Henry's been working hard on it."

"Henry showed me the blueprints for it on Sunday... I thought they would've stayed in his house. They were in his garage," Michael explains, looking down at the blueprints, before looking back up. He looks directly at Eva and Cameron, hoping they would say something.

"You knew about this... L.E.F.T.E.?" Eva questions, raising an eyebrow as she looks at her brother.

"Yes," he presses his lips to a thin line, taking a deep breath. "Lure, Encapsulate, Fuse, Transport, Extract. It's something Henry made to capture The Puppet."

"Charlie's here?" Cameron looks at Michael.

"So are Elizabeth, William, and the rest of the souls."

"Who else knows of this?"

"No one. Just me and Henry, and maybe Sarah. And I don't... I don't know his plan, but something's happening on Saturday, I believe."

"Probably to release the souls and kill William," Vincent suggests, shrugging. "I-I mean, we don't know for sure, but it's what he— That's what we all want, right?"

"Vincent might have a point," Lennox says, nodding.

"And that Egg Baby thing in the main room might have something to do with his plans, too," Michael adds, looking at all of them. "Henry installed a voice log in it, but it won't open until the right time or something like that. I don't know. I'm just as confused as the rest of you are, honestly."

Maxine peeks through the crack of the door, listening with furrowed brows. She was trying to understand what they were talking about. Her little two-year-old brain couldn't comprehend most of it, but it seemed like they were discussing something important. She pulls away from the door, leaning against the wall, thinking. Egg Baby? A voice log?