𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. not a stranger to death

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter twenty-three: not a stranger to death

November 9, 1993

MIKE STARES AT THE DRAWINGS IN THE OFFICE. Something was off about them. They were poorly drawn images of kids and the animatronics from this establishment, with subtle references to the past Freddy's location and Fredbear's.

There were unsettling. But what else was he supposed to think about drawings that little kids made?

He sighs, leaning back in the rolling chair, staring at the desk fan as it pans left and right, the air blowing in his face.

The phone starts to ring and he glances toward it, waiting for the prerecorded message to start playing.

"Uh, hello? Hello? Uh... Well, if you're hearing this and you made it to day two, uh, congrats!"

Mike shakes his head, a chuckle leaving his lips. "Thanks, Scott, the enthusiasm is very appreciated. I could've died last night," he mutters.

"I-I won't talk quite as long this time since Freddy and his friends tend to become more active as the week progresses. Uh, it might be a good idea to peek at those cameras while I talk, just to make sure everyone's in their proper place, you know..."

"Already doing that," Mike presses his lips to a thin line as he checks the cameras. The screen turns black and staticky as one of the animatronics moves from the stage. When the screen comes back, Bonnie has disappeared. He clicks through, finding the purple rabbit backstage.

"Uh, interestingly enough, Freddy himself doesn't come off stage very often. Uh, Freddy becomes a lot more active in the dark, though, so, hey, I guess that's one more reason not to run out of power, right? Uh, I also want to emphasize the importance of using your door lights," Scott continues. "Uh, there are blind spots in your camera views, and those blind spots happen to be right outside your doors. So if-if you can't find something, or someone, on your cameras, uh, be sure to check the door light. Uh, you might only have a few seconds to react. Uh, not that you would be in any danger, of course. Uh, I'm not implying that."

Mike laughs nervously.

"Uh, also, check on the curtain in Pirate Cove from time to time. The character in there seems unique in that he becomes more active if the cameras remain off for long periods of time. Uh, I guess he doesn't like being watched. I don't know. Anyway, I'm sure you have everything under control! Uh, talk to you soon!"

Mike groans. Now he had to worry about Foxy, as well as Bonnie and Chica. Great. Absolutely fucking great.

He just hoped the pirate fox was like the rabbit and the chicken. Just a simple close of the doors and then they'll walk away, back to the rooms they frequented. But it seems Foxy would only be in Pirate Cove unless he was headed toward the office.