𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. maverick the police dog

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter thirty-eight: maverick the police dog

October 26, 2023

THERE WAS SOMETHING STRANGE ABOUT THE ROTTING SPRING BONNIE SUIT IN THE BUILDING. Besides the A.I. still—somehow—working perfectly fine after thirty plus years, there was just something off about the suit itself. The stench coming from it was the worst part. It smelled like death. Like a dead body. God, Riley hoped there wasn't a dead body in it. She didn't want to be the one to report it, if there was. But if there really was a corpse in it, she had to do what she had to do.

Maybe she should waste some time before her shift started. She had arrived in the building half an hour early and had about twenty or twenty-five minutes to spare until midnight.

She gets up from the chair and exits the office, peering around the corner before heading through the halls. The animatronic sat motionless in the corner of one of the rooms furthest from the office.

"Gross," the blonde mutters, her shoe picking up some of the dirt and grime on the floor.

A raspy laugh fills the room, followed by a coughing fit. Riley's eyes widen and she glances toward the animatronic. "What the hell?"

"H-Hello, Ri-i-ley..." the thing says, looking up at her.

"Holy shit..." Riley takes one step back. The animatronic stands up, staring at her with its dead, silver-green eyes.

"We-We ha-ve not prop-p-p-perly met before, ha-have w-w-w-" it pauses, smacking its face before continuing again, "have we? Not s-since the first F-F-Fred-Freddy's, yes?"

Riley shakes her head. "Who are you?"

Spring Bonnie does that same raspy laugh again. "I th-think you kn-kn-know already..."

She tried to rack her brain for something—for anything—that could let her know who this was. To whose corpse was in the suit. It was a man, obviously. Which men did she know died that she knew from Freddy Fazbear's Pizza? It wasn't Scott. He was nice. This person, whoever this was, was a cruel man in his lifetime. And he still was.

"I'll g-g-give you a h-hi-int..." Spring Bonnie takes a step forward, Riley takes three steps back, "I've k-killed enough p-p-people—both directly and indirectly—to earn me a lifeti-me in prison if I was ever properly con-vi-convicted of my crimes. It surprises me you haven't d-died from The M-M-Mangle's bite after a-ll these year-s."

Shit. It occurred to her that this was the sole person everyone across Washington County hated. It had to be no other than—