𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. dead man walking

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter thirty-three: dead man walking

December 9, 1993

ALL EVA CAN DO IS WATCH IN HORROR. She chokes on sobs, a hand clasped over her mouth as The Scooper retracts, scooping out Mike's organs. No wonder it was called The Scooper...

His organs spill out onto the floor, blood gushing everywhere.

Michael's body collapses on the floor, on top of his own blood and organs. It all squelches beneath him and Eva feels sick. But she resists the urge to vomit.

There's the sound of creaking metal as the animatronic amalgamation enters the room. Still, ignoring Eva, it makes its way over to Mike's unconscious form.

"We have somewhere to go..."

✧ ✧ ✧

It's been a few hours since Mike was scooped. And now that he's awake, Eva had taken him to the employee's restroom. Eva took out the first aid kit from the supply cabinet and is now cleaning up the dried blood on her brother's skin.

Mike felt weak. He was technically dead. And his organs were nonfunctional after the scooping, having been severely damaged by the machine. He could still breathe and eat, somewhat. His lungs, esophagus, and stomach still functioned enough for him to do so, but not very well.

"You need new clothes."

Mike looks at her as he stands in front of the mirror. "Yeah." He looks at his reflection. His eyes,—well, they weren't his eyes anymore—now decayed completed and replaced the amalgamation's, are glowing purple and his skin was turning green. "I'm a mess..."

"You have a robot using your body as a meat suit, and you're a walking corpse. Of course you're a mess," Eva mutters, closing the first aid kit and putting it back on the shelf.

"Can we go home? I don't think I can stand being here any longer."

Eva nods and leads him out of the restroom. The two of them maneuver through the Circus Gallery and head through the vent to get back into the Circus control module. Then, they make their way back to the primary control module and head to the elevator.

She presses the button, the elevator door closing as it starts to ascend.

The two siblings were silent the entire time. Even when the elevator comes to a stop and opens its door to let them out. Even when they exit the building and head back through the way the came, through their father's house, and end up on the sidewalk just outside.