𝐱𝐯𝐢. third time's a charm

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter sixteen: third time's a charm

1988

LINCOLN MCDERMOTT WISHED HE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS. This being having to shut down the new and improved Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria and putting up a For Lease banner. Plus, his three kids, Gabriel, Jeremy, and Susie, were not being much help right now.

William had left and gone somewhere today. Jason, Quinn, and Lilith stayed to help.

The animatronics had been scheduled for decommissioning. All of them, except The Puppet. Lincoln had packed it up in its box, placed that in a gigantic cardboard box, slapped a Priority Mail sticker on it, and sent the box to a local USPS to get it shipped to Henry Emily. William had told him a few days ago what the purpose of the puppet-like animatronic had been, and Lincoln found it saddening. And since it meant so much to Henry, he's mailed it to him.

They say third time's a charm, right? Well, the new establishment is opening up just down the street. Lincoln hadn't been able to find anyone to but the place, so they had low revenue. Whoever's going to work the night shift is going to end up finding out there's a low power budget.

The animatronics for this pizzeria are only four—refurbished versions of Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy. And once again, the old Fredbear and Spring Bonnie suits were kept, too. But they were in a worse condition now, specifically Fredbear—some of his parts, along with the Toys and the withered animatronics from the second location, had been used to make the newly refurbished Core Four.

"We done?" Lincoln asks, sounding bored, and tired.

"Are we?" Jason replies, double-checking the building they've just had to shut down.

"Yeah, we are," Quinn answers, smiling as she loops her arm with Lilith's. Lilith smiles, giving Quinn a quick kiss on her cheek. "Why don't we head over to the new pizzeria?"

✧ ✧ ✧

Lincoln sneezes when he enters the building. Nothing's wrong. Probably just dust in the air.

The door opens. William's back, to no one's surprise. He has the toolbox he's used at the old location and carries to up to the Show Stage.

"Afton, where the hell were you?" Lincoln demands, raising an eyebrow.

William stops loosening Bonnie's ears—they had been too tight—and turns around, looking at his boss. "Ask me again later. Thank you," he says, before turning back to continue fixing the animatronics on the stage.

Lincoln mutters something under his breath. "I have to go soon. Daycare."

"Yeah, yeah, you go do that," William says, waving him off.

The doors open again and Lincoln startles. "Jesus Christ..." he mutters as his three kids walk into the Dining Area.

"Dad, can we stay and help?" the youngest one asks.

"Little gremlin children," William says under his breath as he closes up his toolbox and climbs down from the stage.

"William, I don't think I've introduced you to my kids." Lincoln says, a forced smile on his face. He loves his kids, truly, but he currently had somewhere to be. "This is Gabriel, my oldest," he gestures toward a brown-eyed raven-haired boy who looks around the age of thirteen. Gabriel's wearing a red beanie on his head, a brown turtleneck, black ripped jeans, and plain white sneakers. "Jeremy, the middle child, and Gabriel's twin," Jeremy's got lighter hair than Gabriel, and his eyes are more hazel than brown, with a bit of green. He's wearing a periwinkle-colored shirt, red sweatpants, and black skate shoes. "And this is Susie, my little angel." Susie has curly blonde hair and blue eyes. Her hair is put up in a red bow, she's wearing a purple dress with a white collar and a white bowtie in the front, frilly white socks, and pink sneakers. "Susie's six."

"Hi, Mr. Afton!" Susie says happily, holding out her hand for William to shake.

"Hello," he says with disgust, shaking her hand.

"You kiddos don't cause any trouble while I'm gone, okay?" Lincoln says, looking at his kids. "Gabriel, make sure Jeremy and Susie don't do anything stupid."

"Why would Susie do anything stupid? Jeremy is the one that shouldn't be doing anything stupid," Gabriel replies, crossing his arms.

"Hey! I don't do stupid shit!" Jeremy yells.

"Jer, don't say bad words!" Susie whines.

Lincoln sighs, rolling his eyes. "Well," he turns to looks at his employees, "I'll be off. Make sure they actually help out until I get back."

"Will do, Boss. Your kids are safe with us," Jason says, a smile on his face as Lincoln leaves.

William gags as he climbs back down from the stage to head to Pirate's Cove to go fix up Foxy.

author's note
happy new year <3

btw, quinn and lilith
are lesbian girlfriends!!

01.01.22