𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. no trespassing

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter seventy-two: no trespassing

May 18, 2030

THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL WAS YESTERDAY. Gregory was so ready for summer break. It was literally torture being in school. But things were much worse at the home of his adoptive family. They treated him like shit sometimes. Not his adoptive parents. His adoptive siblings.

They were much older than him. All boys. One of them had just graduated middle school. Three of them were in high school. And the oldest had just graduated high school and would be off to college within the next few months.

It was rough. Living in a house with older boys that had the freedom to do pretty much everything in the world as long as it was legal. Living in a house with two adults who actually cared about you, but they were getting old.

Gregory sighs, chin resting on his arms as he stares out the open window, the sound of cars passing through the streets below reaching the second story.

He was never allowed outside on his own. Which made obviously zero sense because Ryan, the freshly out of middle school brother he had, was allowed to. Yet somehow his adoptive parents didn't trust Gregory enough still. Even after seven years of living with them...

He wishes they would just allow him even a little bit of freedom. But they didn't. They hadn't. And that was what made Gregory's blood boil. Not only that, but he wishes he could be with his actual family. You know, the one he actually lived with seven years ago? The one he's known since he was a baby?

So that was why he ran away that night. Taking nothing with him except for the clothes on his back and the shoes on his feet.

He ran as far as his legs could take him before hiding in a back alley. This would do for now. He could live like the homeless men on the streets. It wasn't a safe way of living, but he didn't really have any other choice. He was not going back to that hellhole of a house.

He lived like that for a few weeks before getting chased out of the alley by the manager, an old man that ran a daytime cafe.

Running's got him in another situation though. He runs into a back alley, behind a really tall building: Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex. The logo is all around the building, glowing brightly. From here, if Gregory looked up and down, he could see that it was a mall—five stories that included a ground floor and four floors above it.

It was cold out here, too. He hadn't noticed until now. He didn't have a jacket. He wraps his arms around himself as he walks through the alley, hoping to find something that would be useful. After all, he was at a Freddy's. Family-owned franchise. His family. He knew what it had to offer, though those things were never good in the slightest.

There's a large cardboard box laying sideways on the ground, flaps open. He crouches down and climbs into it, curling up and wrapping his arms tighter around himself to hide from the cold.