HALMEONI, WHAT'S HER NAME?

Happy Chaennie day
&
Christmas Short Shot
________________

"Halmeoni! Where are you?" Jennie yelled to call her grandmother. She's been running around the park for almost half an hour searching for her old lady.

It was supposed to be a normal day.  It kind of became their weekend routine. Every week Jennie's grandmother would asked her if they could go and walk around the park like they used to when she was a kid.

They were reminiscing about almost    everything. Like how Little Jennie would cry whenever there's someone sitting on her usual spot on the swing set. Or when Halmeoni  always buy her tanghulu before they go home.

It was a fine afternoon, everything was nearly perfect. Jennie was on the phone updating her mom about their whereabouts, when suddenly she noticed that the hand she was holding is now just a piece of knitted scarf.

Jennie froze on her spot, her heart beats louder than a drum. She started sweating in a cold winter afternoon. It took her a few seconds to get her brain work properly. When it did, she yelled her Halmeoni's name hoping that she could hear her.

This is what Jennie is afraid of. And what made her freaked out even more is, her old lady, her sweet old grandma is showing signs of Alzheimer's disease. 

_____

The old lady wanders around the park. She's looking for her grand daughter, her little grand daughter. She saw her crying a while ago, maybe looking for her. She's been calling her little girl's name, surely her 5-year-old little girl is feeling scared now.

"Jennie-yah. My sweet mandu..."

"Oopsie! I'm sorry grandma, are you alright? I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking" a blonde girl said while helping her up.

"It's okay young lady. I am fine. Have you seen my little Jennie?" Grandma told her.

"I- I could help you look for her" She said and the old lady smiled at her.

The old lady held her hand so tight as if silently thanking the kind girl who helped her. She patted their intertwined hands and tried to take a step, so the tall blonde girl guided her and they both settled on the nearby bench. She patted the space beside her so the girl could sit beside her.

"What is your name, my dear?" grandma suddenly asked.

"My name is Roseanne Park" the girl answered. She kind of felt comfortable, maybe because she's missing her own nana.

"Why are you wandering alone, grandma? Do you have someone with you?" Roseanne cannot help but to ask questions because she's genuinely concern.

However, instead of answering, the old lady chuckled instead as if she find something funny.

"W-What's wrong, grandma?"

"Nothing, I just remember something." the old lady answered. A smile on her lips as she looks at the sky. It seems like the snow is starting to fall.

Roseanne immediately unwrapped her scarf around her neck and placed it on the old woman instead, softly wrapping it around the old woman's neck.

The old woman smiled at her and she smiled back.

"When I was young and beautiful like you, walking around the park every weekend is something that me and my grandmother used to do. One time in a winter afternoon, like this, she got lost, just like what happened to me." the old lady said and that caught the blonde girl's attention.