Chapter 37. Deadly Maze.

~No one's P

~No one's P.O.V~

Y/n exhaled through her nose. After much discussion, a few complaints, a bit of yelling, and a whole lot of stubbornness, she did not end up going alone.

In fact, as of right now she was sitting in the front of the carriage, holding the reins of the horses pulling it along the old road with Escanor sitting quietly beside her, fiddling with a fresh reserve of his uniform.

Meanwhile, Jericho and Ban were in the carriage with the goods they were going to deliver. At last, King was in the very back, sitting with his legs dangling above the ground beside Elaine.

Peacefully, Yakul trotted beside them, feeling energetic after his nap earlier.

Y/n wasn't going to lie. She felt a bit awkward. She left the others partly so that she wouldn't bother them, and then King comes out of nowhere, "Good to see you, brother. I never thought I was going to have the chance to see you again."

The list of people hating her just seemed to keep growing.

"I feel so happy!" Elaine smiled at King, speaking softly.

"I'm really happy to see you, too." He responded, before looking up at the dark night sky.

"Once you felt reassured, you suddenly started worrying about Diane, didn't you?" Elaine asked him, placing her hands in her lap. The comfortable material of her maid outfit warmed her hands up a bit.

"Yeah." He responded without really thinking but he suddenly let out a confused yelp and looked at her with his eyebrows raised, "I just read your mind." His little sister answered the unasked question, "A long time ago, you could do that as well, remember?"

She changed her gaze to look up at the stars, swinging her legs as she thought out loud, "I wonder why you're not able to do that anymore. Maybe you've been away from the Fairy Realm for too long?" She came up with her best guess, not knowing the real answer.

"Maybe." King let out a little laugh, shyly scratching his cheek, "Honestly, I was never any good at it. I might be the Fairy King, but I'm still just a late-bloomer without any wings yet."

"Well, that makes two of us." Elaine said to help King ease up a bit.

"Makes one wonder what they'll look like when you get them, huh? Isn't it exciting?" Y/n asked with a smile, looking back and away from the road for a few seconds.

King looked at her with a glare but didn't respond to her. Elaine on the other hand lifted her hand to cover her mouth as she laughed, "You sound more excited than us."

Y/n looked back forward, concentrating on the road, "Yeah, well," She gave a light shrug, "I have always liked Fairy wings! I think they're beautiful."