Chapter 18. A Knight's Curse.

~Knight~

A man who served his sovereign or lord as a mounted soldier in armour. (Noun.)

~No one's P.O.V~

"Y/n!"

The girl turned around to see a four year old running towards her, her quick steps sounding loudly through the hallway. Y/n smiled, opening her arms just before the girl leapt off of the ground and into Y/n's embrace.

Y/n twirled the girl in her arms before lifting her higher up, wrapping her right arm under the girl's butt to keep her steady once she placed her on her hip, "I missed you!" Elizabeth shouted loudly, clinging onto the blue tunic of the girl.

"Missed you as well, Princess." Y/n replied, walking down the hallway with the girl set at her hip. Elizabeth's eyes gazed up at the cut running along Y/n's cheekbone, blood slowly slipping out of it.

"Why are you bleedin...?" The silverette asked, tilting her head to the side, her eyes slightly narrowed both in confusion and slight concern despite her age.

"Oh, don't worry about that, Princess." Y/n replied to the little girl, giving the girl a smile. Elizabeth held onto her blue tunic in her small hands, "But you are hurt..." The girl pouted.

"I'm okay as long as you are!"

"What've you been up to, Princess?" She asked afterwards, ignoring the girl's pout. She made her way out of the gates, the Seven Deadly Sins were in sight on the battle platform. Missing one.

"A little red there." Ban's tongue quickly poked out, licking up the blood slipping down her cheek. He got his forehead flickered the second after.

"Stop it, Idiot. There's kids here." Y/n informed the man, walking past him. Ban grumbled under his breath, rubbing the hurting spot on his forehead.

Meliodas watched Y/n's back as she jumped up, using her hands to get over the wall in front of them. He followed her moves. Somewhere along the way, Ban had parted from them but it didn't even seem to cross Y/n's mind.

"Come on Lord Hendrickson!" Y/n's head seemed to perk up at the voice not far ahead of them, "Why don't you and I settle our differences here and now?" Meliodas frowned a little when Y/n sped up even further. Kicking off on one wall, she easily landed on the roof on the opposite side, the tiles clacking against each other as she ran on them.

"You're a rather brave king, Arthur Pendragon. I can say that much for you." Hendrickson replied to the younger opponent.

"Y/n! Slow down!" Meliodas called after the girl, pulling himself up on top of the roof to get the same view as her. Hendrickson and a man in a golden armour held their swords ready, however, Hendrickson seemed to be lost in thought.

Y/n looked to her side, where Meliodas stood, "He's mine. You go looking for Elizabeth."

Meliodas' green eyes moved from the girl to the fighters and back at her. Their eyes met for a brief moment before he gave a affirmative nod and turned on his heel.

Y/n lifted her hand, her palm open for Meliodas' own hand, they high-fived, "Just don't go die on me." He warned before jumping down from the roof.

"We're in a battle now," Arthur started before shortly and quickly making his way to the Grand Master's back, "Don't get lost in thought!" He swung his large sword at the man, only for it to be blocked.