Chapter 51. A New Threat.

~No one's P.O.V~

Excalibur, the mighty sword containing the souls of warrior, kings, all their power pulled into the strength of the blade.

It was mighty, Zeldris knew that, he figured it out the first time he tried to pull it out of the ground and a bright light forced its way through the small gaps around the sword piercing the ground.

It didn't budge. Not even an inch. Black eyes watched the blade, studying it closely. With less time to explore the castle, Zeldris had not gotten to do it earlier.

The others had slowly but surely stopped responding to his through their telepathic link, an it pressed on his nerves. They were so close, they could not afford to turn back now.

If so, that would be it, they would lose.

"This magic sword only submits to the wielded it sees as the chosen one. It's nothing like demonic power at all." His hand trailed up to the bottom of the hilt, the palm of his hand resting on it, "Which means..."

Zeldris...

His head whipped around at the voice. His eyes widened. That was undoubtedly Y/n. But, he turned around to face no one.

He remained alone beneath the ground of the castle. But then, the Demon furrowed his time.

I need you, now...

"Y/n..." Is it really time? Could it be? All of the waiting, all of the planning, all of the suffering, all for this moment. It was... Finally here, "Is it time?"

No more waiting... The time is now.

"I'll make the preparations then." Zeldris responded out loud. He was uncertain. Of a lot of things. A lot of parts in the plan that he had yet to be told about. But if following her lead would mean that she would be by his side, that she would not vanish before him, it would not matter. Not to him, at least.

Now, all he needed was to get the Commandments back to him and inform them of the new goal.

He made quick work on the spiral stairs leaving to a hidden ledge in the bottom of the castle grounds. He got up and closed it behind him.

At this very moment, Y/n was heading towards him along with the Seven Deadly Sins. They had different goals, different objectives in mind. And Zeldris was certain that they would know none of that.

It would give them the upper hand and turn the tables. With all the Commandments in one place AND Y/n on their side, they would have secured victory.

The only problem that Zeldris might fear occur is Elizabeth... The pest of a Goddess. If Y/n was to find out that he did indeed trigger her curse... What was to happen?

No, Zeldris shook his head while walking down the steps of the castle, now feeling the cold air blow against his face chest could not be thinking about something like that. Not now at least. He would figure out a solution, she would never have to know.

"Calling all Ten Commandments! Listen up. You are hereby ordered to drop what you're doing and gather together in Camelot!" And so, Zeldris awaited a reply through the mind-link.

He lowered his head a bit and narrowed his eyes when he had no response and could not sense an approach.

"What's going on? Why isn't anybody responding?" He grumbled, furrowing his eyebrows in annoyance. The one time he was in need of assistance, and this was what they mustered, "I know Galand and was killed by the Sins, but what about the others?"