Chapter 54. The Coldhearted.

~No one's P.O.V~

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Zeldris sat still in Y/n's lap, feeling her chest move up and down as he had his head rested on her shoulder, he could feel her heart beat. Almost hear it. It was relaxing. Reassuring.

When Y/n's hand on his hip tightened slightly, he slowly lifted his head from her shoulder, sitting up right. His green eyes caught onto Y/n darker ones. Pupils still thin slits, however, they were losing their vibrant color and had slowly started getting duller, darker.

"What's wrong?" He asked when Y/n didn't speak right away. She narrowed her eyes a little but Zeldris knew it wasn't at him. She was thinking, listening almost.

She turned her head ever so slightly, eyes shifting to the double doors of the room, "Someone's moving around in the city. I hear footsteps."

Zeldris slid his bare hand up her arm before letting it rest on the back of her neck, "I released the Demons of their trance." Zeldris stated, thinking back to his deal with Merlin where he had made them stop moving, "Could it be them?"

"No." Y/n stated firmly in return, looking back at him once more, "That's not it."

"Do you want me to go out there, Darling?" At the question, Zeldris saw her eyes soften ever so slightly for just barely a second. She squeezed his hip lightly, caringly.

"Can't risk that." Zeldris smiled. The fact that he was considered precious to her, something she would not put at risk if she didn't have to. Glancing down at the mark she had left on his neck, she made a decision, "You stay here. I will look into it."

She shifted them quickly, settling him onto the throne while getting up herself, tearing the dark, slimy substance that clung onto her off.

"Be careful."

Y/n looked briefly over her shoulder, "I will."

And so, Zeldris was left in the dark room, with the slam of one of the large doors.

~No one's P.O.V~

Y/n stood on top of the castle, looking down with tired eyes as she sensed the presence move closer.

It was quick.

Not that large.

And knew where it was headed.

Yakul was the first that came to mind.

She had no idea of where her dear companion had gone. Truly, deep down within her she could feel worry boil in the pit of her stomach. But no. She would have recognized it soon if it was him.

Flashes of white and red moved over the ground and pulled a door open before making it into the bottom of the castle.

She gave it a few seconds before dropping down onto the ground, letting the darkness carry her down with ease. The Darkness that sprouted from her back mainly went back while some of it remained out, clinging onto her shoulders and back.

In the dark corridor, Y/n's Dragon-like eyes easily caught sight of the figure, "Who are you? How did you break in?" Her voice was low and raw as it had not been used much. She crossed her arms, "You're not affected by Zeldris' Commandment. Did you come here in  hopes of some treasures?"

The person looked over his shoulder, turning somewhat to the figure standing in the door opening. A shadow was cast over them, and the voice sounded raw and unused. Black tendrils sprouted from their back as if standing at ready.