Chapter 41. Benevolence Falls.

~No one's P

~No one's P.O.V~

"Why was I with you and Y/n as a baby?" Elizabeth asked Meliodas, turning her attention to him briefly.

"I dunno." Meliodas responded, looking up at Elizabeth, "I don't remember you being there. As you can see, I was pretty much knocked out." He answered, gesturing towards the past version of himself on Y/n's back.

"Regarding that, I don't think she ever spoke a word of it." Zaratras added, making Elizabeth blink up at the former Grand Master.

"Hey, those are serious injuries." The past Zaratras walked between the small group and up to Y/n, who lifted his gaze to glare at him, "Maybe you should lie down for a bit. Let me take care of those two." The past Zaratras reached out to take the baby from Y/n's grasp.

His hand was quickly slapped away by Y/n, using the hand that held the broken dragon-sword while she clutched the baby closer to herself, "Don't touch them!" She growled, her glare hardening on the man in front of her while she held her arm out with the dragon hilt to create some space between them, "Keep your hands off what's mine, understand me?!"

"Yours? But they're..."

"What's she talking about?" Elizabeth asked, briefly, just before the scene changed.

Suddenly, the four of them stood inside the armory, the past Zaratras sitting by the table in the middle with a glass of wine while Y/n stood a couple of feet away from him with her arms crossed, looking at him with a questioning expression.

"The King has Vision. It's a Magical power, which allows him to see into the future. The other day, he saw an omen concerning the child you were holding. He believes this baby from Danafall's ruins is destined to become his third daughter." The past Zaratras explained to Y/n.

"In other words, you're telling me the king wants to adopt Elizabeth, is that right?"

"Yes." The man nodded firmly, making Y/n hum for a little while as she thought of the idea.

"Okay then." She held on finger up beside her, "But only on the condition that he gives Meliodas and I work here in exchange." Y/n came with her condition, making the past Zaratras look at her weirdly - and with doubt in his eyes.

"Uh... Sorry, but we don't really need a new babysitter." He excused as politely as he could.

Y/n huffed, "Oh, you've got the wrong idea." She stated, propping one hand onto her hip, "I don't think either of us is fit to take care of kids. I mean as Holy Knights." She stated with a grin on her lips.

The past Zaratras burst out laughing at the suggestion, which didn't sit very well with Y/n. In fact, the laugh had all amusement and friendliness vanish from the girl in mere seconds.