Chapter 17. Breaking into the Capital.

~Capital~

The city or town that functions as the seat of government and administrative centre of a country or region.

~No one's P.O.V~

"What's wrong with you?" Arthur's head snapped over to the open door of his balcony. Y/n stood there, her head tipped slightly to the right side, "It's the middle of the day, don't you have combat training?"

"I'm bedridden for today." Arthur answered in response, tired eyes following the girl while she closed the door to the balcony before making her way across the rather large room, "Have Merlin looked into it?" She asked, frowning a little upon hearing the new King of Camelot was sick.

"There's nothing she can do." He admitted, leaning his head into the comfortably warm hand of Y/n, which came down to feel his head.

It was freezing.

Y/n scoffed, "And here I thought you would be burning up." She shook her head, sitting on the edge of the bed, "Are you sure Merlin can't deal with this?"

"She tried... But nothing helped." He took ahold of her warm hand, lowering it to have it by his cheek, a satisfied hum leaving his lips, "I felt quite bad for her." He added with a sigh.

"You shouldn't. It's stuff like that, that keeps her going. Her curiosity." Y/n informed, speaking rather lowly. A silence fell over the two. A comfortable one.

"Arthur." Y/n spoke his name, earning the attention of him. His beautiful violet eyes falling into her (e/c) ones, "What's your goal? What is it you want to reach with your life?"

"I want to be the greatest king in the world, because that way, I can make you proud." He answered, giving her a small smile, "Why did you ask anyway?"

"I'm going back to Liones."

Arthur shot up from the bed, his blankets flying further down his body. Eyes wide despite his weakened state, "What are you talki-"

"Keep your voice down." She warned the man, giving him a small, sad smile.

"Why? Why are you leaving?" The King asked, his voice soar.

"Something is not right. It haven't been for a while now." She answered, her eyes falling onto the bed sheets, "I think it's about time that I return to some old friends." Her head shot back up to the male, "But I enjoyed my time here!"

"Let me go with you." Arthur quickly replied, swallowing, he didn't know why but fear crept within him, "I can help you with whatever you need to do!"

"Arthur, you're sick. Not to mention that you're the King of Camelot now." Y/n reasoned with Arthur, standing from the bed, having Arthur's hand sliding from hers.

"I-I can still go. I'll just rest up on the way."

"If you want to help me, stay here to rule your kingdom. You'll be safe, and so will Camelot."

"Y-You can't just leave me behind like that!" He didn't like it. He didn't like it at all.

"Arthur, as someone important to me, I don't want to risk losing you." Y/n told the king, crossing her arms, "You mean too much to me."

Since she met him, when he was only around eight. He always grasped to whoever he could, and had a hard time letting go of those he cared about. He was the kind of guy that would follow you, just to make sure you would be out of harms way.