Chapter 3. Slumbering Envy.

~Envy~

A feeling of resentful longing by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

~No one's P.O.V~
~8000+ years ago~

The girl clenched to her arm in pain, her flesh burning as black markings began to appear, the disgusting, strong smell of her burnt flesh making her want to vomit.

She let herself fall to her knees, using her other hand to dig up dirt to cover the burning wound.

She had been out on her usual look out since the war began, a monster had appeared through the thick, dark woods.

It had crimson red small eyes, six thin legs carried it surprisingly fast, leaving everything it had touched to rotten, and a black slimy body, it looked like black worms were crawling on and in its body.

It was heading in the direction of her home, so she had decided to kill it before it got there, since it had been mating season and a lot young dragons wandered around there.

As she delivered one of the final blows with her bow and arrow, a part of its black body latched itself onto her.

"Yakul!" The girl smiled upon seeing her dear companion unharmed, he lowered his head, Y/n took a hold of one of his long horns, pulling herself on top of him, careful not to let the burn mark touch anything.

She had made her way back to her home, sitting in the middle of the green mark, the elders had been summoned.

"I'm afraid this is really bad." One of the Dragons - going by Norga - stated, upon hearing the story Y/n had told them after being treated by one of the healing dragons, her arm now wrapped in bandage, "That thing was a God, it came from the far west."

"But that way is straight towards one of the capitals of the Human Clan." Vipor said, a worrisome look in her eyes for her young daughter's wellbeing.

Y/n, however, sat on the grass, her legs crossed with her lower arms resting on them and her back straight, ready for whatever was to come.

"That's true," Akarim, one of the younger members of the council agreed lightly, having been out with some of his fellow Dragons to look at the monster, but when they arrived, only bones were left, "He had some kind of poison inside him, driving him mad, a poisonous hatred that consumed his heart and flesh... And turned him into something like we've never seen before." Akarim explained, closing his large yellow eyes.

Igneel sighed upon hearing this, looking straight at his daughter, who had a blank expression on her face, sitting across from him, he felt his mate snuggle into his side, "Princess Y/n?"

"Yes?" The girl responded within the beat of a heart, looking up at her father, a mighty creature so many would call a beast.

"Show everyone your right arm." She nodded in response to her father, the King of the Dragons. She began taking the black bandage off.

She quickly pulled it off completely, revealing her lower right arm, the black marks that looked like having been cause by some kind of fire, darker.