Chapter 5. A Journey with A Monster.

~Monster~

A badly behaved or cruel person, a frightening creature.

~No one's P.O.V~
~12 years ago~

"C'mon, Y/n... What's the big deal?" Ban asked the girl on the other side of the campfire she had started long ago, "Just show me your sword already." He said making the girl sigh.

She lowered her mug with booze from her lips, "Why are you so interested in looking at this hunk of junk?" Y/n asked, making sure to keep her voice low to not wake the other Sins.

"Well, last I checked, you're the only survivor from the War of The Ancient, the one who took down hundred and hundred of men from different Clans," He said with a grin, staring at the (e/c) eyed girl, who silently sipped her drink, "Sooo, why the hell are you walking around with a sword like that?" Ban asked, gesturing to the green hilt on her back as he stood up.

"I mean, did you really think I wouldn't be curious?" He asked while making his way to her.

As she starred into the blue fire in front of her, she suddenly felt the Sin of Greed behind her, grabbing the hilt of the sword, "Come on, just lemme have a little peak."

Ban's grin was washed off his face when Y/n dropped her half-emptied mug and grabbed onto the hilt instead, pulling it down while Ban tried to pull it up and out of the sheath, "Let go. Ban."

"Hey, you two? You're still up?" Diane's voice sounded from her sleeping spot in the cave they were in, rubbing her eye sleepily.

Her voice went ignored by both of them, "Just step away, Ban." Y/n told the thief, keeping her eyes on the fire, "You don't wanna make me angry." She warned, and a smirk reappeared on Ban's lips.

"Make you angry?" He asked with a scoff, "Are you serious?" He narrowed his eyes with amusement, "You and me have been hanging together for a lot of years now. And in all that time, I've never seen you get mad once." His greedy eyes wandered from the sword to the girl, whose words seemed almost poisonous, "I mean it."

His smirk only grew when he thought of another way to agitate her, "That reminds me. I'm also interested in how you ended up getting called the Dragon Slayer." He leaned closer to her ear, taking a few strands of hair behind her ear as he whispered, "How much blood on your hands is your family?"

"Ban! Just what do you think you're doing?!" A voice sounded again, but this time, it came from a now awaken Meliodas.

Ban licked his lips upon having felt Y/n tense up at his question. He took ahold on the double-hilt with his other hand too, pulling harder with both hands, but the sword barely moved, "If doing this means imma get to see what you're like when you're angry, I want to see it even more."

His red eyes pierced into the back of Y/n's head, "No. I wanna steal it!" In a flash, Y/n had fulfilled his wish, in anger, she pulled the sword out of the sheath, too fast for the immortal to see, cutting his skin open along his neck, sending him flying back before sheath it back.

Ban landed on his feet, his hand going to wipe some of the blood away while he licked his lip clean, "What do you know. Looks like I just saw a hidden side of you. Cool." He grinned, flickering his hand free of blood.