Chapter 8. Certain Memories of Certain People.

~Certain~

Specific but not explicitly named or stated.

~No one's P.O.V~

Ban's grip on Y/n's wrist tightened as she got pulled along, her frets barely touching the ground before she got pulled forward again and again.

"Ban! This would be faster if you actually let my feet touch the ground!" She shouted, but the man in red kept his eyes on the girl in white slowly disappearing from her sight.

That is, till the boy flew up beside him, hugging his pillow in a tight grip, "You haven't changed at all since the old days, have you?" He questioned, making the immortal look at him, their eyes connecting instantly.

"As long as it feeds your greed, you couldn't care less if anybody else gets hurt." He stated in a neutral voice. Ban came to stop, making Y/n stumbled over her own feet, within a second, his arm snapped after the flying kid several times only for him to avoid it, making Ban grin, "Well, how about that, you really are King."

Y/n was released from Ban's hold, and as soon as she was, she turned her head to the Fairy relaxing on his pillow behind, sending him a closed-eyed smile made the Fairy blush before he quickly recomposed himself, shaking his head, "I-I told you so."

At the words, the grin on Ban's lips turned bigger, "Then I won't have to hold back when I kick your ass!" With the shout, Ban went to deliver a powerful punch that would break bones, but instead of King, the only thing his fist hit was his pillow.

"You used to backhand me like that all the time in the old days." King stared as he lowered himself onto one of the bright crystals, his hands behind his back.

"So you've come back to settle your old score with us, huh?" Ban asked, letting his hand fall back down to his side.

"Or did you have a more specific target in mind, King?" Y/n asked the Fairy, her eyes narrowed with suspicion. She didn't like how he had behaved since he returned. His hazel eyes were filled with hate each time they gazed at Ban.

King was one to forgive, protect. If he had that strong emotion towards Ban, she had a pretty good guess why.

"Back in the past, this would've been the very last thing I wanted for our reunion." King's voice remained monotone as he spoke, refusing to look at Y/n. Knowing what would happen once he did.

"Ten years ago, driven from the capital, suspected of treason against the realm. With nowhere else to go, I returned to my homeland." King told, his voice dripping with venom for word to word.

Y/n narrowed eyes softened as he told the story.

I knew it.

What are you gonna do about it?

Y/n shrugged, crossing her arms as she averted her eyes to the ground.

Tell him the truth.

"But what I found there was the heartbreaking sight of homeland burned beyond all recognition." In a snap, King's Chastifol had changed into its second form, Guardian, holding onto Ban's arms and legs.