Chapter 53. In the name of...

~No one's P.O.V~

"So, it has come to this." Merlin stood in her room, two closed test tubes in her hands. One with a small snake in it and the other, a dark purple mass with small white masks, "You really have grown more and more desperate, haven't you, Y/n?" Merlin sighed, letting her gloved thumb go over the test tube containing Grayroad, "It's gone. The Commandment."

~No one's P.O.V~

A quiet hum could be heard in the otherwise quiet castle of Camelot. The halls and rooms empty and cold, the darkness within them seemingly able to even block out the light of the moon.

"Zeldris."

Dark eyes opened, looking up at the beautiful pattern of the ceiling. Hands gripping tightly onto the arms of the throne in the throne room. Darkness had sprouted from Y/n's arms, the gooey texture crawling down the sides of the golden throne.

"He's nearing the Sins." She stared blankly up at the ceiling. Her hands, with clear black veins on them, gripping at the throne tightening a little. Then she sighed, "Make quick work of them, Zeldris."

~No one's P.O.V~

"This is really bad!" King's voice sounded through out the tavern, "There's an overwhelming magical force from Camelot that's coming straight for us!"

"What awful timing! Our power's drained from that battle earlier." Diane worried as King moved to fly right in front of her in case anything was to happen.

"Oh, my goodness! What if it's Chandler again?" Escanor cowered, holding his hands to his mouth.

"ESCANOR YOU HAVE GOT TO TRANSFORM NOW!!!" Hawk Yelped, his ears flying up.

"But I can't do that! It's nighttime." The man responded, obviously more on edge now.

"Everyone, calm down." Merlin's voice Gad all heads turning. She walked out, her orb levitating above her hand, "Merlin!" King gasped as the woman slowly made work of the stairs.

"I'm fully prepared to negotiate." The woman stated, her eyes closing when she reached the end of the stairs.

"Are you kidding me? How can you hope to do that when you don't even know who it is or what they might do to you?" Hawk questioned.

Merlin hummed, opening her lidded eyes, "Well, it may be a bit of a gamble, but I believe I know what they're after." She stated and moved past the others. Opening the door and closing it after her shortly, she walked down to stand directly on Hawk's Mamma.

Her golden eyes landing on the short figure. Yet he was towering above her in the air with his arms crossed, "So, you're the one she sent here. Then, that should speed things up considerably, Zeldris."

Zeldris blinked down at the woman, tilting his head up to look down on her with his dark wings spread broadly behind his back, "And who are you? I don't recall seeing your face before."

"Really?" The woman asked, amused, "I'm offended." She stated before a cloud of smoke engulfed her.

"... What...?" A shocked expression crossed Zeldris' features once he was facing a child.