19

Arjun looked at his wife who was sleeping peacefully while the movie was being played on the LED. He expected something like this only after all she was very tired after the whole outing thing.

He switched off the television before making her sleep properly on the pillow. She snuggled more in the blanket like a small baby making him smile. He placed a soft kiss on the top of her nose making her hum in her sleep.

He caressed her hair looking at her face with admiration. 

He sighed not able to touch her till now. She was still not comfortable around him. This fact was troubling him more than anything. She was comfortable with everybody but him when she should be comfortable with him the most. 

He switched off the lights of the room pulling her close to him wrapping his arms around her waist.

He sighed thinking about his life these days. This angel had made him saner than any other person in the world.

-------------------------------

Arjun completed his morning work out till 6 in the morning before wiping his sweaty chest with the white towel walking downstairs to get water for himself. 

He walked to the kitchen only to stop when he heard Shraddha's voice.

"Roshni, Tara is my last hope for Arjun. She is the only one who can bring my son back to me", she spoke as Roshni nodded her head.

"You are right, Bhabhi? We have seen the change in Arjun after he met Tara. I just hope she can bring our little Arjun back to us more importantly you", Roshni spoke as Arjun fisted his hands before walking to his room only to find his wife brushing her hair gently.

He walked to her wrapping his arms around her nuzzling his face in her neck.

Tara gasped at the sudden intrusion of her privacy. She thought he would try to kiss her or something but nothing like this happened. She turned still being in his arms cupping his face instinctively.

"What happened?", she asked him softly as he closed his eyes feeling the warmth and softness of her hands on his cheek.

"Nothing", he said with a sigh making her worry more about him.

"Okay. I'll not force you but you know right I'll not judge you for anything", she spoke as he nodded.

"I want to take a bath", he said opening his eyes making her look down immediately. She nodded her head removing her hands from his face before taking a step back. She was about to walk past him when he held her wrist making her stop still looking down.

"Tara, I have invested my trust in you. I don't want to get betrayed again", he spoke when his past clouded his eyes and his grip increased around her wrist. Tara gulped feeling the tight grip around her wrist.

"I have never betrayed anyone in my life. At least I think I haven't", she spoke pulling him out of his flashback. He looked at her before placing a kiss on her hair partition making her close her eyes.

"I know you can never do such a thing", he spoke before walking to the closet and getting his clothes for his work. 

She stood there processing her words. She didn't know why he was being this weak today. Though she was not really fond of him but seeing him like this somewhere she was feeling suffocated herself. She felt a different sadness looming in her heart.

She kept her hand on her chest feeling her heart beating quickly.

"What is happening to me?", she asked looking at her reflection in the mirror.